Notices

Posts: 2,448 | Thanked: 9,523 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Wigan, UK
Originally Posted by Acidspunk View Post
Marxian I think I may have found something. Whenever I press the "related" button, cutetube crashes. Can you reproduce it or is it something on my end? Thanks for the new version. The new video player is great!
Bug is fixed and version 1.4.1 is now in the autobuilder queue.

My website

GitHub

The Following User Says Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by soryuuha View Post
dear marxian, any date for ver 1.4 to be in Store ?

Since it will feature your built in player
I can't use this player in the Harmattan version, as it uses QtGui widgets.

My website

GitHub

Marxian I just noticed an old bug with the old video player is also present in this one. Sometimes two videos will start at the same time with overlapping audio. The only way to correct it when it happens is to close cutetube and then open it again. It never happens with the other video players. Anyway, if you pick one of the other players it's flawless. Amazing app

The Following User Says Thank You to Acidspunk For This Useful Post:
Marxian I just noticed an old bug with the old video player is also present in this one. Sometimes two videos will start at the same time with overlapping audio. The only way to correct it when it happens is to close cutetube and then open it again. It never happens with the other video players. Anyway, if you pick one of the other players it's flawless. Amazing app
Could be a QtMobility bug. Both versions use the same API, effectively. The player gets deleted from memory when the window is closed, but perhaps the source media is not being cleared.

My website

GitHub

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
why i doesn't xtube work anymore ? whenever i search for anything it says nothing found ?

Posts: 29 | Thanked: 11 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Slovakia, Bratislava
I don't know if this is the only cause of the bug, but if you let the player to play video to its very end so the player closes itself, next time you open a video it will launch multiple times(and the problem will persist until you close app as you have said). I have tried it several times and it worked. So basically, just close the video before player does it, and you should be fine.

However, I found one more issue. Certain videos look
like this:

(link to video)
It stays in this state for the whole video and happens always not just sometimes.

The Following User Says Thank You to noname711 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by noname711 View Post
I don't know if this is the only cause of the bug, but if you let the player to play video to its very end so the player closes itself, next time you open a video it will launch multiple times(and the problem will persist until you close app as you have said). I have tried it several times and it worked. So basically, just close the video before player does it, and you should be fine.
Seems to be the same problem as with the QML player. I'll see if I can work around it.

Originally Posted by noname711 View Post
However, I found one more issue. Certain videos look
like this:

(link to video)
It stays in this state for the whole video and happens always not just sometimes.
It's a known problem. I doubt it can be fixed at the application level. It's either a problem with the Qt API, or the backend.

My website

GitHub

Posts: 244 | Thanked: 354 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Scotland
Originally Posted by mosh11 View Post
why i doesn't xtube work anymore ? whenever i search for anything it says nothing found ?
There is currently a world-wide shortage of kittens.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...lls-kitten.jpg

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gregoranderson For This Useful Post:
youjizz videos are saying (unable to retreive video) all of them , why is that ?

Originally Posted by mosh11 View Post
i was talking about cutetube-qml here so in cutetube it works but youjizz videos say unable to retreive

Tags
youtube