Posts: 1,225 | Thanked: 1,905 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Quezon City, Philippines
Originally Posted by peterleinchen View Post
This one does not include the nat and/or exfat changes?
Originally Posted by coderus View Post
can anyone compile opptimizer modules for new kernels?
Originally Posted by mcbook View Post
latest kernel doesn't come with nfsd support, does it?
Due to popular demand, .61 is being re-released with NFS server support, opptimizer kernel modules, NTFS kernel R/W driver, and the Samsung ExFAT kernel driver (special thanks to sourenaraya for the patched source.)

Watch this post - the build should be done in a few minutes.

The first post has been updated.

Last edited by Hurrian; 2013-10-30 at 03:40.

Posts: 32 | Thanked: 22 times | Joined on Jan 2013 @ Vietnam
Flashed, worked, everything OK!
Thks

Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Originally Posted by Hurrian View Post
Due to popular demand...
Glean any useful info. about BT4 (& related) support out of those thread links?

Posts: 1,225 | Thanked: 1,905 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Quezon City, Philippines
Originally Posted by jalyst View Post
Glean any useful info. about BT4 (& related) support out of those thread links?
BT4.0LE supported on TI WL1271 SDK device
BT4.0LE upgradable on another SDK devices
BT4.0LE supported on Motoactv (OMAP3630+WL1271, sound familiar?)
BT4.0LE advertised as selling feature on WL1271
Code:
"/lib/firmware/ti1271_le.bin"
It turns out my dad's iPhone 4S has BT Low Energy support, looks like I'll be able to get testing.

Last edited by Hurrian; 2013-10-30 at 08:17.

Posts: 6,436 | Thanked: 12,699 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Ängelholm, Sweden
@juiceme yes, but im using it for downclocking cpu while listening music in long road
@Hurrian thanks and add kexec to features list

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to coderus For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
@juiceme yes, but im using it for downclocking cpu while listening music in long road
That is a good point thanks!
I kind of never thought it could be used that way also. How much better battery life can you get with that?

The Following User Says Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,436 | Thanked: 12,699 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Ängelholm, Sweden
well, never allowed my phone to die by battery, but its about -20% in day

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to coderus For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Ah, now that rings some bells, from a time in the past when folks (like you just now) have done some proper "groking".

It turns out my dad's iPhone 4S has BT Low Energy support, looks like I'll be able to get testing.
Sweet music to our ears....

Hehehe, prolific coder & an audiophile...

Last edited by jalyst; 2013-10-30 at 09:20.

If you start up a Debian install straight from ubiboot, with TI's BTLE-patched BlueZ, I can advertise the N9 as a Low Energy device to the 4S.

I'd work on this a bit more, but while assembling a serial terminal card for the N9 (fun experiments involving a certain 3.5.3 kernel and Harmattan), my iron slipped, and burned two fingers. Then it turned out the solder joint was too tall to fit in the slot

I'll get back poking on this when my left hand can type comfortably again...

If anyone wants to try having some fun, pull the Aegis patch (then apply the Open Mode patch :P), and hack them into the N9 Kernel Update 3.5.3. Add back CONFIG_VMSPLIT_3G_OPT at arch/arm/Kconfig, then build the kernel and try starting Harmattan.

FYI: MSSF/Aegis is so problematic on 3.5.3, that I think it'd be better simply to stub Aegis functions.

If you still choose to patch in real Aegis bits (tm), note that DECLARE_MUTEX is now DEFINE_SEMAPHORE

Last edited by Hurrian; 2013-10-31 at 07:34.

Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
If you start up a Debian install straight from ubiboot, with TI's BTLE-patched BlueZ, I can advertise the N9 as a Low Energy device to the 4S.
That's a neat trick, well thought of

I'd work on this a bit more, but while assembling a serial terminal card for the N9 (fun experiments involving a certain 3.5.3 kernel and Harmattan), my iron slipped, and burned two fingers. Then it turned out the solder joint was too tall to fit in the slot

I'll get back poking on this when my left hand can type comfortably again...
Hope you heal soon, burns in fingers are painful I know...

If anyone wants to try having some fun, pull the Aegis patch (then apply the Open Mode patch :P), and hack them into the N9 Kernel Update 3.5.3. Add back CONFIG_VMSPLIT_3G_OPT at arch/arm/Kconfig, then build the kernel and try starting Harmattan.

FYI: MSSF/Aegis is so problematic on 3.5.3, that I think it'd be better simply to stub Aegis functions.

If you still choose to patch in real Aegis bits (tm), note that DECLARE_MUTEX is now DEFINE_SEMAPHORE
I did that once, adding aegisfs stubs back to mainline kernel but did not really go through with it. At that time I had not yet built serial console and so I had no real visibility what was going on in the boot phase... now it would be much easier

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:

Tags
kernel-plus