Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
So, not all Moto Mod backers will get it with the first batch?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bundyo For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Bundyo View Post
Yes.
...I mean no.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to VaZso For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Maemish View Post
Maybe a competition who will be the first to post a hands on picture wih the device?

+1 for this,
even if i will not be through the first ones, this would be great.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to santeira For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Bundyo View Post

I also think so, as a backer of the moto mod, but didn't use the voucher for pre order.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to santeira For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
Well, I've used it, but I'm in the same shoes anyway.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bundyo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 256 | Thanked: 939 times | Joined on Jun 2014 @ Finland
From Fxtec forum speculation thread:
Hello Liangchen here.

We have been pushing for the delivery and shipping confirmation from our EU fulfilment centre since yesterday.

We didn't want to find excuses, but please bear in mind that it's not us who does the shipping, but our partners.

What Erik wrote is what we thought, hoped, pushed. But there are certain things out of our expectation, like sometimes some extra documents required from factory and due to time difference it often became a day delay.

It is the first complete shipping for us and our partners along the whole logistics chain, it's the first time everyone is working together, so appreciate your understanding and forgiveness for some tiny delays and mistakes that could happen.

What we can solidly promise is the first stock in EU is indeed under process and should go out anytime under the next 24 hours. We will continue pushing our delivery carriers and share the tracking ASAP.

The next batch is also planned and we will implement what we learned from the shipping this time and improve the delivery time.
https://community.fxtec.com/topic/24...#comment-33710

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Koiruus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,195 | Thanked: 2,708 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Hanoi
Originally Posted by Koiruus View Post
From Fxtec forum speculation thread:

https://community.fxtec.com/topic/24...#comment-33710
Sounds a bit deja vu (Jolla).
Why do they not declare "devices ready for shipping" only when the whole import from China based factory, the overseas & local customs, international shipping docs, import certificates, ...etc...etc.. are way behind them and they are in fact capable to at least partially ship to an amount of end users located in the same custom's zone?

People with so little understanding of international logistics / customer communication are to know in my place what I'd desire in a smart phone?
Maybe, they must be good in something..right

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ste-phan For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by ste-phan View Post
Why do they not declare "devices ready for shipping" only when the whole import from China based factory, the overseas & local customs, international shipping docs, import certificates, ...etc...etc.. are way behind them and they are in fact capable to at least partially ship to an amount of end users located in the same custom's zone?

People with so little understanding of international logistics / customer communication are to know in my place what I'd desire in a smart phone?
I'm guessing 2 reasons. 1, when they announced the 29 October shipment date they expected to be further along in the process, possibly already at the local logistics partners ready to ship out with a tracking code. Remember that they announced that date relatively early, about a month or so before. Seems there were plenty of small mistakes from a lot of parties here, from people not supplying all documents (or people not requesting all the needed documents) to weekends apparently being a problem even though that should've been known beforehand, to customs being annoying as always.
And because they fully expected to ship on the 29th, they also wanted to satisfy users at the time because plenty were "demanding" a hard ship date.

2, when they realized they wouldn't be able to ship with tracking codes on the 29th, they shifted wording to be "from factory", which is technically still correct. They also kept stringing people along by saying saying the actual shipment was only a couple of days away. These smaller delays are way more digestible, and would keep people decently happy while still being the same actual delay in the end.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Shirabe For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by ste-phan View Post

I think it is much better if they share these information.

You are right that a lot of people don't know how these processes are going but an update may contain some additional information / disclaimer for them like general availability is unknown as shipping time is not determinable at this state and maybe some stations of the flow of the known states could be ticked / unticked (like sent on... arrived at China Customs on... left China Customs on... arrived at recipient country on... being at Customs in recipient country... left Customs... arrived at forwarding centre... sent to local user).

However, there are people who understand and appreciate these information...

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to VaZso For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
Got a UPS Tracking number 10 minutes ago

The Following 24 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:

Tags
a good rabbit, fxtec, hwkbd, keyboard, livermorium, n950 revival, never gives up, qwerty, readyfx, silly rabbit