I've decided I'm keeping my N900 for a while yet, and I'm going to sign up for Tmobile in the US. I've been on AT&T all this time, but Tmo seems to have decent deals.

Are there any good things to know when signing up for Tmo? Any clever tricks? I was thinking about the $10/mo 2GB data plan; is there something better I can get on about the same budget?

Posts: 169 | Thanked: 71 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Spain
I've been to US until some days ago. I used the day pass, cause I was on vacation, but I think you would want a better and long term plan. The day pass it's quite good for people from outside the US. Maybe the best.

The worst of T-Mobile is that you haven't network coverage on areas far from cities, at least with the plan I had, which I think it doesn't matter as the network is how it is.

The Following User Says Thank You to jpala16 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 305 | Thanked: 71 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ 'Nam
If your signing a two year contract they have a special they running for a limited time. Unlimited talk text and web(2gb cap though) for 49.99.

Posts: 968 | Thanked: 974 times | Joined on Nov 2008 @ Ohio
I'm not sure that there is a $10/2GB plan anymore. Last time I checked, $10 got you 200MB. I'm not even sure if the Even More Plus plans still exist (they may on the web, but probably not mentioned in a store), which save you $10 for bringing your own phone.

T-Mobile is way to over-priced mate.
Don't do it, trust the other people that say the same.

Originally Posted by razefox View Post
Compared to what? I spend $80/mo flat (no "surcharges", "fees", etc.) For unlimited call, text, and data (although i think it's closer to 2GB/mo).

Looking at Verizon's website, it appears I would have to pay $70 + $20 + $30 (unlim. Call + text + 2GB data) for the same. That's $120 vs. $80 from T-Mobile.

Posts: 1,455 | Thanked: 3,309 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Rochester, NY
Originally Posted by razefox View Post
Please be careful when talking about things in other countries.

In the UK, and many other places abroad, yes, there are cheaper options. In the US, TMobil is actually the cheaper of the two (read that... TWO) providers for GSM. Especially if you're bringing your own phone, as they're the ONLY provider in the US that offers a non-subsidized price plan. The non-GSM providers are just about as expensive, and all of them also roll in subsidies for their devices.

Yeah, the deal I'm looking at with Tmobile is 29.99 for 1000 mins, unlimited SMS, and an extra $10 for "unlimited" data (i.e., 2GB of fast data before they throttle speeds). it's even better than the $49.99 special (I don't need the unlimited minutes, 1000 is more than enough).