Hello
I'm just asking me if I should buy the N900 or wait for the first Meego device.

I own the N800 and like it a lot.

What I don't like about the N900 is:
*no official Meego
*no USB Host mode (yet)
*No turn by turn Navigation

There is no official info of the release day of the first Meego phone, is it? I dont want to wait too long for a new Phone because I still use the 3410

Another option would be an Android Phone. But without a jailbreak it is quite unusable, isn't it? Any recommendation for an Android Phone with an real Keyboard, USB OTG or USB host mode, GPS and 3G? How open are these Android Phones? How about own software?

btw. where are the developers who are trying to implementate the USB host mode now doing their discussion?

flexxxv

edit:
who on earth put the "iphonlase 4 ftw" tag?!
edit2:
Iphone is no option (yeah I know it can run android)
edit3:
I forgot to mention that I use Linux every day and that I like Linux

Last edited by flexxxv; 2010-06-11 at 14:37.

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Buy it. Buy it now!

Posts: 199 | Thanked: 232 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Sweden
don't get me wrong I LOVE my N900, but considering that the N8 (note: running symbian^3, not MeeGo) is just around the corner (I hope), I'd personally wait for and go for it when it's released. Everything I've seen about the N8 so far just blows me away.

My 2 cents.

I think if i were you, i'd wait. I'm not sure nokia is going to put any interest (read: updates) into maemo now that they have a new toy

Don't do it!

don't buy it, u won't get 2/3 with n900 either. i'd say if u're getting something now, just get iphone 4. at least u know they r going to develope it. not drop kick us like nokia.

In my opinion if you are not sure you will not be happy. But since you have and like the N800 maybe...
Lack of bluetooth keyboard support is the one thing I miss most. But I also wish it took SD (not microSD). Otherwise the N900 makes the N800 feel very, very old. I have both.

Last edited by lancewex; 2010-06-11 at 14:35.

I just bought one. I upgraded from a Palm treo Pro. So far, loving it. I am not worried about tomorrow, because there will always be a bigger, better device out there. If you want bullet proof, get something else. The phone I had that always worked without a restart was a motorola RAZR. The more features, the more issues, which is why carriers dial down the phones features.
In the meantime, I'm loving it. Granted it is not flawless, but so far, it is a lot of fun. I also owned an ipod touch, which I took back after 3 days. This, for me, fills a perfect niche.
If you are going to be unhappy with imperfection, then I would not buy it. But the pros far outweigh the cons. imo.

Posts: 805 | Thanked: 440 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Mississauga, On
Buy mine $500! pm me. I'll send you pics etc.

Banned | Posts: 206 | Thanked: 118 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Vancouver
If you think buying the device without all the features you want is a good idea go for it. But don't count on Nokia to ever provide those features. There are a lot of phones out there that do everything you want around the same price point.

Tags
buy it!, iphone 4 ftw