What I understand is that you take a dumb phone to T-mobile and tell them to give you a $10 unlimited web browsing then switch the sim to Nokia n900 at home? Is this how people are doing?

The Following User Says Thank You to meme For This Useful Post:
Posts: 229 | Thanked: 77 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Los Angeles
Originally Posted by meme View Post
What I understand is that you take a dumb phone to T-mobile and tell them to give you a $10 unlimited web browsing then switch the sim to Nokia n900 at home? Is this how people are doing?
You can do it online, just change to a dumb phone in your account and add the plan

But you have to pay $20.00 up front every time you change a plan? And this won't work for EVEN MORE PLUS PLAN!

Originally Posted by mcdull View Post
You can do it online, just change to a dumb phone in your account and add the plan
I don't see that option. All I see is a plan called "HotSpot" for $9.99. Is that it ?

Posts: 18 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Woodbridge, NJ, USA
Originally Posted by romanianusa View Post
But you have to pay $20.00 up front every time you change a plan? And this won't work for EVEN MORE PLUS PLAN!
FYI...it's just adding a feature and that doesn't affect contract/contract length...so there isn't any up front fees...I have done that couple of weeks ago and $9.99 feature what they call is "Simple Web" feature a new name to former "T-Zones" is working good...

Cheers,
~nV!

Posts: 18 | Thanked: 9 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Orange County, CA
I just did it online. No fee. And the first month is free!

The Following User Says Thank You to rentboy For This Useful Post:
Can someone verify that this works with the EVEN MORE PLUS PLAN! Thanks.

Originally Posted by geohsia View Post
Can someone verify that this works with the EVEN MORE PLUS PLAN! Thanks.
Negative. Does not work with the even more plans. I had to change my old family plan. Had to bump up the minutes and was looking at the even more plans. Store and online I was told if I want to add minutes I would have to go to an even more plan and would automatically loose my old t-zones unlimitted.
Called and found somebody you could just add more minutes to my plan (500 for $10). She tols me that she would have to change my t-zone plan to unlimited web (bummer, since I had the 4,99 t-zone) for 9,99. This is NOT COMPATIBLE with any even more plan. On those they want you to use the data package (for 30).
So if you have ab old existing plan you can add unlimited web for 9.99, either online or over the phone. If you call, just tell them that you have an unsupported phone.
Funny, when switching from t-zones to unlimited I had a down on the data for a couple hours to I called tech support and the guy goes: "so how do you like your N900". I was amazed how he would know what phone I has and asked him. He: "we are the tech support guys, and not the hotline in India. You use a phone on a t-mobile network and we know what you use." Guess they match the IMAI. So t-mobile does now that you use a smart phone. They just don't care as long as it is not one of their supported phones. Don't ask me the logic.

The Following User Says Thank You to slotti For This Useful Post:
Posts: 16 | Thanked: 9 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Boston, USA
It works with $9.99 plan and i am using it right now. You just have to use APN - internet2.voicestream.com

The Following User Says Thank You to araavi For This Useful Post:
Posts: 100 | Thanked: 22 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ San Diego, CA
Hopefully someone can clarify this for me. I'm looking at Tmobile's site and am interested in the Even More Plus plan w/ 500 min, unlimited text and data which is $59.99/month.

BUT
Can't I just get the Even More Plus plan w/ 500 min, unlimited text (no data) for $39.99/month and just add the unlimited web feature for $10/month which comes out to a total of $49.99/month?

Whats supposed to be the difference between the unlimited data plan and the unlimited web addon?