Active Topics

Notices

This was bugging me with fAPN too - mine would connect to my new MMS profile whenever searching for a connection. I did however follow the advice on here and by making a clone of my normal internet apn, the n900 now connects to the clone automatically. So this is definitely a workaround.

I did post on fMMS too as it would be handy for fMMS to be able to connect to the mms apn and then disconnect again after sending/receiving or after exiting the program. Do you think this is possible?

Posts: 2,173 | Thanked: 2,678 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Cornwall, UK
Originally Posted by stayloa View Post
This was bugging me with fAPN too - mine would connect to my new MMS profile whenever searching for a connection. I did however follow the advice on here and by making a clone of my normal internet apn, the n900 now connects to the clone automatically. So this is definitely a workaround.

I did post on fMMS too as it would be handy for fMMS to be able to connect to the mms apn and then disconnect again after sending/receiving or after exiting the program. Do you think this is possible?
Nope, the workaround seems to work very well for some people, and not remotely for other of us. I now have several 'clones' of my original, and have also rewritten the original. And yet I still find every connection if made to the MMS apn.

I am having the same problem with only able to choose O2 MMS and not O2 Mobile Web. I tried the methods discussed here but no luck so far. I also tried deleting both APN and adding them again, tried alphabetical (renaming O2 Mobile Web to Mobile Web so that it is above O2 MMS) but didn't work either.

Any help?

Thanks.

Edit: OK, after playing around with it even more, I managed to finally set O2 Mobile Web back as default. I basically deleted all, added O2 MMS, O2 Mobile Web, and Mobile Web from fAPN. After that when I open Internet Connections, O2 MMS was selected. I simply then delete O2 MMS from fAPN and check again on Internet Connection settings whichever is the default one. I then set the settings for that to O2 Mobile Web, and rename the other to O2 MMS and the settings. All's well so far. Hope I make sense!

Last edited by hlchoo; 2010-03-08 at 19:29.

Hi There
Before realising it was a known issue that the N900 could only have 1 APN, I installed fMMS and fAPN.

After trying to get it to work how I would expect it to work, like send an MMS easily and then connect back to my default internet APN. I decided to uninstall fAPN and try again.

However, for some reason my default internet connection 'Rogers' now has my MMS settings. No matter how many times I change them, it keeps returning the MMS settings back to the Rogers Internet settings and visa versa.

Is there a way to return these settings back to the 'factory settings' so to speak? Its as if some cron is running that keeps swapping them around.

Thanks, and apologies if I've missed earlier reports of this.

Posts: 547 | Thanked: 1,383 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Stockholm, Sweden
If you only have your 'Rogers' access point in "Internet Connections" just editing it there should help. fAPN does not mess with any settings like that automatically, it only adds/removes access points to/from the list

Problem with fMMS? Run in x-terminal: cp /tmp/fmms.log /home/user/MyDocs/
After that you'll see fmms.log in filemanager or when you connect the device to your desktop as a mass storage device.
E-mail the log to me, if you don't have the email address, drop me a PM. Thanks!

fMMS - MMS for your N900
fAPN - GUI for adding a new GPRS APN
If you like this post, don't be shy to thank me -->

fAPN is behaving strangely for me.

I originally added two APNs.

Then when I tried to add a third, it overwrote one of the first two (new APN had correct name, but kept the settings of one of the old ones)

I didn't realize I lost one of the original APNs until today. When I tried to add it back, it again overwrote one of the existing ones.

I'm effectively only able to manage two APNs with fAPN.

The following command is currently showing four APNs, yet only two show up in Internet Connections:
gconftool-2 -R /system/osso/connectivity/IAP | grep gprs_accesspoint

The final strange thing is that even if I have two fAPN-created APNs in Internet Connections, when I reopen fAPN, only one is available for deletion.

Tried removing and reinstalling fAPN, but it didn't help.

Thanks,
Richard

Can we have different internet connection connected at the same time..

e.g. for sending mms I need MMS access point and for browsing I need INTERNET access point..

problem is this - if I need to send a MMS when browsing , I need to disconnect from INTERNET access point to connect to MMS to send mms.. or Internet access point get disconnect automatically when I try to connect to MMS..

I want to connect both of these at the same time.

This is possible in all Symbian based mobile

Hi,

We have a new supplier in France since the 12/01/2012 :Free Mobile.
And I've been asked to setup my N900, and then to create 2 APNs, one for Internet purpose and the other one for MMS purpose.
So far, I ve been able to create them with fAPN .

The point is, I'm supposed to set a Mobile Country Code (MMC) and Mobile Network Code (MNC) for each of them. and also a URL for the Multimedia Message Service Center (MMSC)

And when I go to Parameters - >internet Connections, and I try to edit any of these two new APN items, I'm actually allowed to change the name's connection, and the APN name (So far, I think I don't need any user name and password). But MMC, MNC fand MMSC field are nowhere to found. Not even in the advanced setting section which only deals with proxy matters.

Did I miss something somewhere or have I got to install something else

Yours sincerely

Ooops...
wouldn 't "/etc/operator_settings" be the answer? ...