Can someone tell me if the html5.grooveshark.com is working well on PR 1.2 ?

Originally Posted by sony123 View Post
- Speed limits and speeding warning available.
- Speaks street name.
- Set 'home' location for quick access... going back home.
- Ability to store favorites. There's also an option to sync favorites but I haven't figured out where the app syncs to....
- Small layout out changes here and there to improve the usability (rather significant to me)
Can you see the time of arrival or remaining time to drive? (maybe push on remaining distance)

Originally Posted by Hakki_01 View Post
Can you see the time of arrival or remaining time to drive? (maybe push on remaining distance)
According to one of the bugs marked as fixed in the changelog this should be there.
I really hope it is as it's one of the things I really miss from maps on symbian. Being able to give a reasonably accurate reply to every "how much longer" from the backseat really does help a lot on those long drives.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Vaskinn For This Useful Post:
Does drive give you the option to avoid toll roads (among other things) now?

Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Originally Posted by isfr21 View Post
<SNIP>Think of any other things I might've missed? Sound off let us know! You never know it could be implemented just from reading that lucky post.
I really wanted to read all that, but it was just too much of a wall-o-text for me.
I'm sure there was some really good thoughts in there somewhere!

Last edited by jalyst; 2012-01-26 at 19:11.

Posts: 64 | Thanked: 130 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ San Francisco, CA
- Speaks street name.
- Ability to store favorites. There's also an option to sync favorites but I haven't figured out where the app syncs to....
- Small layout out changes here and there to improve the usability (rather significant to me)
Does the Drive or Map app show traffic?

Posts: 182 | Thanked: 540 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Finland
PR1.2 has one of few last features I was working on before departing: face recognition. Nice work of my teammates in Gallery: if you activate face recognition, there will be small bubbles with question marks on faces without assigned contacts in pictures (Gallery shows them if you tap the picture). Pressing the question mark will bring a dialog to enter the name or select a contact. If face recognition algorithm "sees" a similar face with already assigned contact, it suggests the name. Once selected, names are shown near the faces. One can browse pictures by assigned names as well. All in all, use is simple and natural.

When pictures are shared to Facebook, Flickr, and Picasa, the names and face regions optionally transferred as well, you can select per-picture whether this information would be shared. Privacy and different settings around face recognition are available in Gallery's settings page.

The face recognition API should allow easy integration for other applications and you are not limited to associate contacts only. The algorithm is Nokia proprietary and is on par or better than what's available on the market, depending on lightning and face conditions, of course.

The Following 29 Users Say Thank You to abbra For This Useful Post:
So we can avoid "tin-cops"? - Great

- Speaks street name.
Wasn't this already been in the previous version? As I recall, guidance says the street names?

This was in PR1.1 for sure...

Big thanks!

"Gods have mercy. Cats don't..." <- Kaotik@iotech

Posts: 182 | Thanked: 540 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Finland
Originally Posted by Tarl View Post
Can someone tell me if the html5.grooveshark.com is working well on PR 1.2 ?
No, it does not. Grooveshark is using sound playing API that is not available in Nokia Browser. It also doesn't work in Chromium and Firefox under Linux. When I talked with some of Grooveshark developers they were not interested in fixing these issues.

The Following User Says Thank You to abbra For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by abbra View Post
When I talked with some of Grooveshark developers they were not interested in fixing these issues.
Did You asked... Why?

(edit, removed disturbing "dot" before a word....)

"Gods have mercy. Cats don't..." <- Kaotik@iotech

Last edited by catbus; 2012-01-26 at 21:08.