Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by thedead1440 View Post
juiceme,

How do you know his /home is mounted on rootfs? Due to the aegisfs mounts being on /home/user/?

Aegisfs even with mount points on /home/user/ always are on rootfs so that's perfectly normal... Here is a regular user's aegisfs mounts with everything else mounted correctly too...
If you look at the first "df -h" listing HtheB provided, there is no "/dev/mmcblk0p3" at all seen there... hence it's not mounted.
Instead, the stuff in /home/ is just under the home folder on rootfs.

Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by HtheB View Post
Hmmm, thats weird. I couldnt mount it, asks me if I'm root or not :/
tried it with opensh, gives an error aswell:
You cannot mount it because you are runnig the system, you cannot overlay a mount when you have LOTS of open files there currently

How to check i now; Create another directory where you can do the mount, or if for example your /mnt/ is unmounted, do:
Code:
mount -t ext4 /dev/mmcblk0p3 /mnt/
Then just check what you have on the /mnt/

When you can check that you actually HAVE the stuff that's supposed to be there, you can boot your device in maintanance mode, copy the recent stuff that you have in your rootFS /home/ to mmcblk0p3, delete all stuff under your rootFS /home/ to save rootfs space, and finally correct the thing why it does not mount it in boot phase.

I suspect you have played with your /sbin/preinit and changed the mount order...

The Following User Says Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
You cannot mount it because you are runnig the system, you cannot overlay a mount when you have LOTS of open files there currently

How to check i now; Create another directory where you can do the mount, or if for example your /mnt/ is unmounted, do:
Code:
mount -t ext4 /dev/mmcblk0p3 /mnt/
Then just check what you have on the /mnt/

When you can check that you actually HAVE the stuff that's supposed to be there, you can boot your device in maintanance mode, copy the recent stuff that you have in your rootFS /home/ to mmcblk0p3, delete all stuff under your rootFS /home/ to save rootfs space, and finally correct the thing why it does not mount it in boot phase.

I suspect you have played with your /sbin/preinit and changed the mount order...
Well, I haven't played with anything at all... I don't even have openmode (only inception). I can clearly see whats in /home though... But the problem is that I sometimes I can't install something because the app.data has no space (because somehow, the phone thinks it's is mass storage)

I can't even mount it anywhere else either... Yes, not even on /mnt
It gives the same error as before:

/ # mount -t ext4 /dev/mmcblk0p3 /mnt
mount: mounting /dev/mmcblk0p3 on /mnt failed: Invalid argument

Well, I haven't played with anything at all... I don't even have openmode (only inception). I can clearly see whats in /home though... But the problem is that I sometimes I can't install something because the app.data has no space (because somehow, the phone thinks it's is mass storage)

I can't even mount it anywhere else either... Yes, not even on /mnt
It gives the same error as before:

/ # mount -t ext4 /dev/mmcblk0p3 /mnt
mount: mounting /dev/mmcblk0p3 on /mnt failed: Invalid argument
Well that's not what should happen:

Code:
~ # mount | grep /mnt
~ # 
~ # mount -t ext4 /dev/mmcblk0p3 /mnt
~ # 
~ # mount | grep /mnt
/dev/mmcblk0p3 on /mnt type ext4 (rw,relatime,errors=remount-ro,barrier=1,stripe=8,data=ordered)
~ # ls /mnt
UserEncrypted  developer      lost+found     nemo           nitdroid       user           user2
~ #
I do not know that much about inception since I dont use that, only open mode.
Is it possible that you need to try mounting under opensh (or adrianesh, or whatever it's called...?)

Also it's possible that your partition table is corrupted or your mmcblk0p3 is shomehow corrupted as being unmountable.

What does it say when you use fdisk to look at the partition table?
Mine looks like this;

Code:
~ # 
~ # /sbin/sfdisk -l

Disk /dev/mmcblk0: 1957120 cylinders, 4 heads, 16 sectors/track
Units = cylinders of 32768 bytes, blocks of 1024 bytes, counting from 0

Device Boot Start     End   #cyls    #blocks   Id  System
/dev/mmcblk0p1         16  1632511  1632496   52239872    c  W95 FAT32 (LBA)
		end: (c,h,s) expected (1023,3,16) found (1023,63,32)
/dev/mmcblk0p2     1760512  1891583  131072    4194304   83  Linux
/dev/mmcblk0p3     1891584  1957119   65536    2097152   83  Linux
/dev/mmcblk0p4     1632512  1760511  128000    4096000   83  Linux
		start: (c,h,s) expected (1023,3,16) found (1023,63,32)
		end: (c,h,s) expected (1023,3,16) found (1023,63,32)

Disk /dev/dm-0: 0 cylinders, 0 heads, 0 sectors/track

sfdisk: ERROR: sector 0 does not have an msdos signature
 /dev/dm-0: unrecognized partition table type
No partitions found
~ #

The Following User Says Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
I can't mount it as root, it tells me that I'm not root. So I try to mount it using opensh...

output of fdisk:

# /sbin/sfdisk -l

Disk /dev/mmcblk0: 485120 cylinders, 4 heads, 16 sectors/track
Units = cylinders of 32768 bytes, blocks of 1024 bytes, counting from 0

Device Boot Start End #cyls #blocks Id System
/dev/mmcblk0p1 16 288511 288496 9231872 c W95 FAT32 (LBA)
/dev/mmcblk0p2 288512 419583 131072 4194304 83 Linux
/dev/mmcblk0p3 419584 485119 65536 2097152 83 Linux
/dev/mmcblk0p4 0 - 0 0 0 Empty

Disk /dev/dm-0: 0 cylinders, 0 heads, 0 sectors/track

sfdisk: ERROR: sector 0 does not have an msdos signature
/dev/dm-0: unrecognized partition table type
No partitions found

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
You were playing around with Nemo?

Originally Posted by thedead1440 View Post
You were playing around with Nemo?
Yes, but that was a long time ago (I did a reflash a couple times already though)

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
Yes, but that was a long time ago (I did a reflash a couple times already though)
When you reflashed you should have used --no-preserve for the emmc flash to clear up the partitions properly...

Now I think you can just use telnet and export your partitions and re-create everything properly and try instead of doing a reflash...

Your partition setup at least looks normal at the first glance.
Propably wisest is to do as thedead1440 suggested; boot in maintanance mode, and check if you can export and/or mount the partition. If not, then there is definitely something wrong there so reformat the partition and cpy the stuff from your rootFS /home there.

BTW, let me guess a thing
You might not have realised at the time this went wrong the first time, but I will tell you the symptoms you had at that time:
  • Your device took a longer than usual to boot up
  • When it finally booted, it looked like a fresh device; if you had folders on the homescreen now thy were gone and all icons were on one page. If you had a lot of SMS'es or messages all were gone.
  • However, your MyDocs was intact, all your music/pictures/etc were just as usual.

The cause of this was, obviously the fact that when the device cannot mount your mmcblk0p3 as /home/, it will do a fallback procedure where it sets up your home directory from /etc/skel and the new /home/hierarchy lives now on your mmcblk02p

----- edit -----

What I meant to add, the script responsible for the above stuff is "/etc/init/mount-home.conf"

And you could try to run /sbin/fsck.ext4 for your mmcblk0p3, just in case ith hepls

Last edited by juiceme; 2013-03-25 at 12:09. Reason: additional info

Posts: 4,117 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
Everything said already
I had similar experiences during my ubiboot preparation. Repartitioned and everything looked good, but forgot to mkfs anew. Then had wrong size of p1 partition.
After zeroing the first 512 bytes of p1 I had totally starnge mounts!
After mkfs everything was okay.

So if you repartitioned manually and flashed without --no-preserve then you should really follow thedead/juiceme's advice.

Please consider your membership / supporting Maemo e.V. and help to spread this by following/copying this link to your TMO signature:
[MC eV] Maemo Community eV membership application, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94257

editsignature, http://talk.maemo.org/profile.php?do=editsignature

Last edited by peterleinchen; 2013-03-25 at 13:07.

Tags
application, problem, storage