Posts: 2,225 | Thanked: 3,822 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Florida
No need to apologize. Yeah, I put my real name in that one. I figured I'm not going to make any enemies posting about the N900 and related subjects, so no need to be paranoid about using my real name.

Posts: 539 | Thanked: 165 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Berlin, Germany
Congratulations to having made it to extras! I was just about to vote for it but was just to late

I really love this app and I use it regularly. It is astonishing how different the nights are even if I feel same in the morning

One small suggestion for visual improvement: could you make the display of the graph fill the complete width of the field? At the moment the graph is drawn in different (fixed) steps but in relation to the length of the recording it never fills the width of the display. The graph either is smaller than the display, resulting in unused space or it is wider and one has to scroll. But it never fits perfectly in.
If I remember right this was default in some earlier versions. Maybe you could add it (again) to fit the graph in the display?

Posts: 560 | Thanked: 423 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Switzerland
Hi x-lette
Originally Posted by x-lette View Post
If I remember right this was default in some earlier versions. Maybe you could add it (again) to fit the graph in the display?
It was always in fixed steps. In the beginning it was default on the middle level, but I changed it to the smallest zoom level as I think people want first of all have a whole overview. If you have it on the middle level, you already have to scroll, if you record approx. 7h.
I could add more levels between, but I don't think that is really useful.

To scale the graph to fit the screen would be quite tricky and might not look nice due the rendering.
CacheMe 4 the N9, a geocaching client / MiniBible, a bible viewer / TheWord brings daily bible verses onto your phone / BatteryGraph to monitor the battery drainage / doublepress2unlock to unlock your phone with a double press onto the power button / GPRS Data Usage to monitor your GPRS data usage /
and more...

On N900 check out this: SleepAnalyser to analyse your sleep movements / PasswordMaker a for a password generator

Posts: 539 | Thanked: 165 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Berlin, Germany
Originally Posted by caco3 View Post
It was always in fixed steps. In the beginning it was default on the middle level, but I changed it to the smallest zoom level as I think people want first of all have a whole overview.

To scale the graph to fit the screen would be quite tricky and might not look nice due the rendering.
OK, so I've benn worng on that. I just remember that on some point the graph was way smaller.
Would that really be so tricky to scale the graph to display width? I think the rendering should be the same quality, or do you have some self coded rendering algorithms for your scaling levels? Anyway, that would just be some minor visual change so there is no need to rewrite the whole stuff for that

Posts: 2,225 | Thanked: 3,822 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Florida
Hello, really sorry about the delay yet again on the Russian localization. I forgot the file on my desktop when I went off to college. So it's going to be a little while longer. I do intend on getting it done though, like I promised.

The Following User Says Thank You to Mentalist Traceur For This Useful Post:
It is possible to pause recording and continue later after unspecified time. Currently SleepAnalyser counts this paused time to the no movement category of the session. I think there should be its own category "paused" for this.

Ive always thought the "<" and ">" marks in the detailed reports are in wrong way. What is the logic there?
"time without movements: < 30 min: 1h20m"

Originally Posted by zimon View Post
It is possible to pause recording and continue later after unspecified time. Currently SleepAnalyser counts this paused time to the no movement category of the session. I think there should be its own category "paused" for this.
There is currently no pause option implemented, also I am not planning to implement it in the near future. I know it would be handy sometimes, but the way I record and store the data would make it tricky I guess.

Originally Posted by zimon View Post
Ive always thought the "<" and ">" marks in the detailed reports are in wrong way. What is the logic there?
"time without movements: < 30 min: 1h20m"
It means that you have been in sleep phases shorter than 30 minutes for more than 1h20m in total.
I know it does not make much sense or tell you much
I am already working on an improvement which will tell you how long you have been awake, in light sleep and in deep sleep.
Have a look in the extras-devel version in a few days!
CacheMe 4 the N9, a geocaching client / MiniBible, a bible viewer / TheWord brings daily bible verses onto your phone / BatteryGraph to monitor the battery drainage / doublepress2unlock to unlock your phone with a double press onto the power button / GPRS Data Usage to monitor your GPRS data usage /
and more...

On N900 check out this: SleepAnalyser to analyse your sleep movements / PasswordMaker a for a password generator

The Following User Says Thank You to caco3 For This Useful Post:
Hi

Thanks for developing this great app.

Is there a wiki or FAQ? In particular I'm looking for info on setting the trigger level correctly.

Also, I'm not sure if this is a problem with Sleep Analyser, but when the alarm spawned from Sleep Analyser appears, I believe the "Stop" and "Snooze" buttons are the opposite way-round to the normal, user-set alarms?

The alarm from Sleep Analyzer goes off even after the app is closed - I believe the alarm should be cancelled after exiting the app.

Thanks.

Did you check the help menu?
In there it is explained how to set the trigger.
It should be fairly easy to understand.

I will test about the stop/snooze buttons.
Actually I thought the normal alarm swaps them randomly to make sure you are awake, but I have to investigate.
and more...

Originally Posted by caco3 View Post
Did you check the help menu?
In there it is explained how to set the trigger.
It should be fairly easy to understand.
Thanks for the info, I'll check the help files.

I will test about the stop/snooze buttons.
Actually I thought the normal alarm swaps them randomly to make sure you are awake, but I have to investigate.
Really, they designed it that way?! Crazy!