Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
The EULA page gives 404.

http://tablets-dev.nokia.com/ gives,
"This maemo.org page got discontinued, please call your local Nokia customer care. (http://www.nokia.com/support/)"

The EULA page worked about two weeks ago when I was setting it up on my desktop. Unfortunately that is now inaccessible and will be for another week or so so my N900 is my only option.

Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
The EULA page gives 404.

http://tablets-dev.nokia.com/ gives,
"This maemo.org page got discontinued, please call your local Nokia customer care. (http://www.nokia.com/support/)"

The EULA page worked about two weeks ago when I was setting it up on my desktop. Unfortunately that is now inaccessible and will be for another week or so so my N900 is my only option.
oops just noticed TMO is changing the key to ******

http://repository.maemo.org/pool/fre...ngles-sgx-img/

between the two binaries is: '4bc37c 7c77ebe 90177 c050b805 a8dc79', just remove spaces

The Following User Says Thank You to szopin For This Useful Post:
Fantastic, that works!

Yes, I noticed the asterisks and I knew I had to replace them with the key. But as I said, I have the key on my desktop but that is inaccessible. I was hoping to get it again from the EULA page but that now gives a 404.

EDIT: What else is different in your package other than qmake? Basxically I am wondering if I can install libqt4-dev from the repos and then overwrite qmake with the one from your package. The reason being that I have all dependencies at 4.7.4 while yours requires 4.7.0 and the downgrading is starting to look too messy.

Fantastic, that works!

Yes, I noticed the asterisks and I knew I had to replace them with the key. But as I said, I have the key on my desktop but that is inaccessible. I was hoping to get it again from the EULA page but that now gives a 404.

EDIT: What else is different in your package other than qmake? Basxically I am wondering if I can install libqt4-dev from the repos and then overwrite qmake with the one from your package. The reason being that I have all dependencies at 4.7.4 while yours requires 4.7.0 and the downgrading is starting to look too messy.
Not really sure. I believe this was the only package with ARM qmake binary I could find. If nothing changed between 4.7.0 and 4.7.4 in qmake itself it might work

Posts: 3,328 | Thanked: 4,476 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Poland
Originally Posted by szopin View Post
try those:

http://repository.maemo.org/pool/fre...ngles-sgx-img/
Or simply add nokia-binaries to apt sources

Projects no longer actively developed: here

OK so I got as far as adding Nokia binaries repo, installing all sorts of stuff, downloaded and unpacked the OP's package and replaced all x86 binaries from Nokia with those from the OP. Qmake now works fine and so does building a simple hello world program but anything more advanced and I get stuck.

I tried building VUmeter and got as far as creating Makefile from the supplied .pro file (= qmake works) and building the moc files. The next step, running make, spits out about 5 pages full of:
Code:
{standard input}: Assembler messages:
{standard input}:47: Error: selected processor does not support Thumb mode `ldrex r1,[r3]'
{standard input}:49: Error: selected processor does not support Thumb mode `strex r0,r1,[r3]'
{standard input}:50: Error: selected processor does not support Thumb mode `teq r0,#0'
{standard input}:111: Error: selected processor does not support Thumb mode `ldrex r2,[r3]'
...etc, repeats about 20 times with different line numbers
I've tried editing the Makefile to remove -mthumb from CFLAGS but that only replaces "selected processor does not support Thumb mode" with "selected processor does not support ARM mode".

I don't believe this is specific to VUmeter, I think there is something more fundamental in my setup. Any ideas?

I would really like to get this working in preference to scratchbox due to my lifestyle. Scratchbox ties me down to my main PC which I can use only at times of day when I am too tired to be productive.

The Following User Says Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
I've tried editing the Makefile to remove -mthumb from CFLAGS but that only replaces "selected processor does not support Thumb mode" with "selected processor does not support ARM mode".

I don't believe this is specific to VUmeter, I think there is something more fundamental in my setup. Any ideas?
The erros 'does not support ARM mode' is mentioned in my first post here and managed to get around it with turning off optimization (I did not compile anything big though, only simple QT app that I managed to find source for, but it did full compile, can you check if you can compile Qrencode successfully? I might have used this one, not sure: http://repository.maemo.org/extras/p...1maemo1.tar.gz, if it fails then the setup needs tweaking, if it goes through, then my testing was insufficient). Do you have CSSU thumb installed? This could be responsible for the thumb errors. Would probably be best to recompile qmake on device with the same set of qt libs (I remember had to have a mix of 4.7.0 and 4.7.4, maybe this is causing it and the app I chose for testing was just a lucky hit?).

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to szopin For This Useful Post:
You, sir, are my hero!

That should teach me to read for comprehension. With luck I may find some courses at the local college

Extra CFLAGS options as per post #1 did the trick and I produced a viable executable. Thank you, good sir! Now the fun begins!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by szopin View Post
Make results in a lot of assembler errors though (Error: selected processor does not support ARM mode `ldrex r2,[r3]`). Turning off optimizations helps a bit, down to 4 errors from a few hundred. Not sure if this will help in all cases, but adding:
Code:
-march=armv7-a -marm -mfloat-abi=softfp
to CFLAGS resulted in a successful compile. Binary works.
I've been doing a bit of development on my N900 lately and in my experience, in all the cases I've tried so far the -mfloat option was not necessary. So optimization should still work, all we need to do is specify the architecture. This s using gcc 4.6.1 from extras-devel.

Now to compile qtcreator...
Any news on that one?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
I've been doing a bit of development on my N900 lately and in my experience, in all the cases I've tried so far the -mfloat option was not necessary. So optimization should still work, all we need to do is specify the architecture. This s using gcc 4.6.1 from extras-devel.

Any news on that one?
No news, posted some pics which show usability problems (too many clickable options make them unreadable), it worked for a test project I tried, could maybe be useful if you needed to edit .ui files, aside of that qmake/make is probably quicker/easier, maybe on jolla would be more usable, top maemo menu is no more so you get extra height (except on jolla if goes portrait by default :/), then again ui editor is also gone, qmake/make seems to be the way, until tablet