Posts: 4 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Aug 2013 @ Finland
Originally Posted by ade View Post
I have been testing with (sdl)gnuboy and a custom gui about half a year ago. It worked fine (fully stretch screen, custom keys etc) and only had to do some more control settings fixes in the gui to finish it.

But I abandoned it, because with sound on, it tended to be a bit slow, and I could not fix that issue (and the sound was not really cristal clear). Without sound, the speed is fine though.

So if someone can find a way to get better sound performance...
Awesome! Sorry for not noticing your message sooner!

Could I ask you to post the source code somewhere? I'm sure we have some splendid people in community who are capable of solving this issue. After all, there are various emulators already available for Maemo, and if your average "plastic bucket" running Android can run a Game Boy (Color) emulator well enough (for my needs, anyway ), I don't see what could possibly make it not work fully under Maemo.

The Following User Says Thank You to Jack Phoenix For This Useful Post:
regarding petittrack:

does anyone have any footage of zaurus app in action? screenshots on website only show part of what it looked like and saves me further headaches trying to work out a few bits. working zaurus emulator?

i'm trying to fix errors at the moment whilst converting qpe/qt3 to qt4. as source is all in one file which, although short (1800ish lines) is a being a pain the butt. some setbackground/ setbackgroundpixmap functions that need changing but can be commented for now. lovely qlistview changes regarding addcolumn and qpointarray code are the last real hurdles preventing build succeeding.

i've started moving some cleaned up code into a new project. about tab is now a dialog, tabs are gonna be switchable via menubar like in calendar for now.

The Following User Says Thank You to Android_808 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,417 | Thanked: 2,619 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Touring
I have some memory of how it looked worked, I might even be able to get an old zaurus working. I will have to make an alternate charging circuit. Does flash memory hold data for 10 years? I hope it was not one of the optified apps as I am not sure the SD card is still with the old Z.
without at least one ThreeLineElement (orbit characteristics) filed in that TLE file the app will always crash.
Thanks for the work so far, petittrack is the most useful compact mobile sat-tracking app I have ever seen; everything needed including real time doppler adjustment of active radio frequencies, plotted pass arc, and sun/moon sky landmarks, nothing you don't need.

Last edited by biketool; 2014-07-20 at 15:40.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to biketool For This Useful Post:
yeah, i found references to automatically exit if tle not present. hopefully a nice menu option set to a default url with a download/refresh button should fix that

if its too much hassle, don't worry. still gonna go through breaking source into smaller files so that might make it a bit easier to follow. if i get too stuck i'll just post where i'm at somewhere.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Android_808 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,417 | Thanked: 2,619 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Touring
So do or do not bother with the Zaurus for now? Otherwise ask away as I think remember most of the screens.

The Following User Says Thank You to biketool For This Useful Post:
Don't worry about Zaurus for the moment. If I get stuck on a particular point, I'll PM if I need info.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Android_808 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Android_808 View Post
regarding petittrack:

does anyone have any footage of zaurus app in action? screenshots on website only show part of what it looked like and saves me further headaches trying to work out a few bits. working zaurus emulator?

i'm trying to fix errors at the moment whilst converting qpe/qt3 to qt4. as source is all in one file which, although short (1800ish lines) is a being a pain the butt. some setbackground/ setbackgroundpixmap functions that need changing but can be commented for now. lovely qlistview changes regarding addcolumn and qpointarray code are the last real hurdles preventing build succeeding.

i've started moving some cleaned up code into a new project. about tab is now a dialog, tabs are gonna be switchable via menubar like in calendar for now.
Hi there, biketool alerted me to your request (thanks, biketool!).

I only have a Zaurus SL-C1000 (no 5500, which seems to be the only device I see mentioned regarding petittrack in the OESF forum).

Regardless, I will see if:
1. I can find an ipk that I can make work on my SL-C1000.
2. Failing that, I'll try to compile from source, although my compilation skills are limited and rusty, even if I did compile some programs for my Zaurus a few years back, including fluxbox and stella (Atari 2600 emulator).

If I succeed, I'll do a full walkthrough of the program and post a video in YouTube.

Quick question: Do I need any hardware to actually use this like a working GPS CF interface? Because I don't (I only have Wifi and bluetooth cards).

Feel free to contact me via PM.

Last edited by malfunctioning; 2014-10-15 at 15:10.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to malfunctioning For This Useful Post:

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Android_808 For This Useful Post:
ScummVM: 1.7.0 pushed to repos.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Android_808 For This Useful Post:
Ecryptfs would be nice and a usable version of KeePassX.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Malakai For This Useful Post: