Posts: 1,873 | Thanked: 4,529 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ North Potomac MD
Originally Posted by Kabouik View Post
It does after you follow instructions on Github. The downside is it will still output audio when SFOS volume is set to 0 or silence mode.
Thanks, I'm glad to see progress here using SFOS. Anyone chroot from android? Also, wondering when the next version of this phone will be released. What specs it would have. I guess way to early to know..
Regardless, you folks are trailblazers. I appreciate your efforts!

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to mscion For This Useful Post:
My order status has been processing all year!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nh1402 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 3,980 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ USA
Originally Posted by gtmaster303 View Post
I would say the buyer is stupid, assuming there is one.
In a free market, the value of something is the price a buyer and seller agree upon. We'll see if any buyer is willing to pony up that amount, or whether the seller has to cut his asking price to get a sale. I'll be interested to see what the ultimate result is.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to robthebold For This Useful Post:
Posts: 284 | Thanked: 661 times | Joined on Aug 2013 @ Finland
Originally Posted by nh1402 View Post
My order status has been processing all year!
My order has been processing since the last decade!

But in a more serious note, this project has certainly been straining me patience, with all the delays. I was waiting to get the phone 3 weeks after payment, like initially promised. Then I expecting it for Christmas, but didn't get it, felt like a huge letdown.

To each his own, I guess, but next time I will order a product that will be sent in 1 or 2 days after payment. The waiting time is simply too long for me in this case. But all in all I'm still happy to support this, even if there has been difficulties. I'm still confident I will receive the phone at some point in future.

---

In other note: those who have a phone, and especially users who live in the Nordics (if there are any right now), did you choose QWERTY or QWERTZ and how did it work with öäå? Do you find the layout good to type those letters? I ordered a QWERTZ but I think I can change back to QWERTY if I message FxTec support.... I have no idea which layout is better for "scandic letters", but I know QWERTZ has almost all the scandic letters in the keyboard already except maybe one, the downside is Z and Y are in switched places.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Thoke For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Thoke View Post
Mind that the QWERTY layout has the awkward "shifted (punctuation) keys column"!

Plus Scandic layout(s) are likely easier to map to a QWERTZ hardware layout.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to olf For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
those who have a phone, and especially users who live in the Nordics (if there are any right now), did you choose QWERTY or QWERTZ
This thread in F(x) Forum might interest you
https://community.fxtec.com/topic/25...-us-finqwerty/

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:
But in a more serious note, this project has certainly been straining me patience, with all the delays. I was waiting to get the phone 3 weeks after payment, like initially promised. Then I expecting it for Christmas, but didn't get it, felt like a huge letdown.

To each his own, I guess, but next time I will order a product that will be sent in 1 or 2 days after payment. The waiting time is simply too long for me in this case. But all in all I'm still happy to support this, even if there has been difficulties. I'm still confident I will receive the phone at some point in future.
I agree and in the same boat, my current phone the XZ1 has been acting up since February of last year and I was hoping I could hold out till July when this phone was supposed to come out, I still have the XZ1 now and it's only been getting worse and it can be quite unbearable, it is also the worst Sony phone I've ever hard, out of three, the Xperia X I had before this was better, I'm disappointed that the phone didn't come out when it was initially promised, or the time after, or the time after that. But I understand things can happen in small companies.

I have been thinking since the Asus Rog phone 2 came out of getting that instead, since it comes with a massive battery, the latest spec, it's also slightly cheaper and in theory could get a small keyboard attached to the second USB C port on the side. But decided to support this phone and the company instead.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to nh1402 For This Useful Post:
In other note: those who have a phone, and especially users who live in the Nordics (if there are any right now), did you choose QWERTY or QWERTZ and how did it work with öäå? Do you find the layout good to type those letters? I ordered a QWERTZ but I think I can change back to QWERTY if I message FxTec support.... I have no idea which layout is better for "scandic letters", but I know QWERTZ has almost all the scandic letters in the keyboard already except maybe one, the downside is Z and Y are in switched places.
I have also chose QWERTZ layout (however, I would chose non-shifted QWERTY if it was possible) and I feel it was a right choice.

Simply because this is the standard layout and other layouts can be adapted most easily - the Z/Y change is not huge anyway.

Otherwise, you may need FinQWERTY which has existing layouts also for QWERTY and QWERTZ keyboard of Pro1 and it currently has Norwegian layout.
See currently supported layouts here.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to VaZso For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,702 | Thanked: 4,752 times | Joined on Apr 2018 @ Helsinki, Finland.
Z and X can always be remapped and painted in their right places

Master of not knowing (active)

For me it is possible to get lost in any case (active)

Learning to fall from high (DONE)

Learning to code with BASIC (WIP)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Maemish For This Useful Post:
Posts: 697 | Thanked: 1,980 times | Joined on Jun 2015 @ Lisbon - Portugal
Don't know if it's something everyone is aware of
Found out by luck

alt+e=´
alt+i=ˆ
alt+`=ˋ
alt+c=ç
alt+n=˜
alt+s=ß
alt+u=¨

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to deutch1976 For This Useful Post:

Tags
a good rabbit, fxtec, hwkbd, keyboard, livermorium, n950 revival, never gives up, qwerty, readyfx, silly rabbit