Notices

Posts: 6,436 | Thanked: 12,699 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Ängelholm, Sweden
QmlMozBrowser v0.1.6.4
+ Added searching text on page
* Fixed saving user agent
* Minor fixies

http://coderus.thecust.net/harmattan....6.4_armel.deb

The Following 34 Users Say Thank You to coderus For This Useful Post:
What causes the browser to open more slowly than the standard Web browser? That would be my biggest problem.

Edit: Also whatever user agent I use I almost always get the desktop site rather than the mobile one. (google, bing, twitter, Facebook ... ext.)

Last edited by Vromoth; 2013-06-11 at 09:36.

The Following User Says Thank You to Vromoth For This Useful Post:
Posts: 376 | Thanked: 257 times | Joined on Dec 2012 @ Sweden
Originally Posted by Vromoth View Post
Edit: Also whatever user agent I use I almost always get the desktop site rather than the mobile one. (google, bing, twitter, Facebook ... ext.)
Same problem here, every big newspaper here in Sweden will load the desktop version instead of the mobile one.

The Following User Says Thank You to setter For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
What causes the browser to open more slowly than the standard Web browser? That would be my biggest problem.
Well that could have something to do with the fact that grob is always running on the background and only draws up the UI wen you invoke it

Posts: 138 | Thanked: 152 times | Joined on Jun 2012 @ Switzerland/Zurich
This browser is getting more awesome with every update Are developers planning on supporting tabbed browsing?

Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
Well that could have something to do with the fact that grob is always running on the background and only draws up the UI wen you invoke it
Ok, thanks. And there is no way to do the same with qmlfirefox and disable grob? I'm just assuming here that grob is the default browser rather than a wider system proses which it probably is.

Posts: 376 | Thanked: 257 times | Joined on Dec 2012 @ Sweden
If I go to https://touch.facebook.com the icon on the top left corner doesn't work. A click on that icon should bring up favourites, pages, groups, etc. Is it only at my phone it fails?
Works nice with grob.

Posts: 138 | Thanked: 144 times | Joined on Oct 2012 @ Devon, England
It seems to be using a generic FF24/Linux UA string rather than the one given, whether the option is ticked or not.

The Following User Says Thank You to Eztran For This Useful Post:
url loading bar blocks access to the top of the screen, making it impossible to interact with, say, facebook notifications until the full page has loaded.
the url bar is dismissable when the page is finished loading, but not before. {note that the url bar stays loading for 2min on facebook}

some ideas:
1) dont differentiate between the loading state and the non-loading state. it the users wishes to wait for the page to load properly before interacting, they can, if not they just tap empty space like normal.
2) indicate loading at the bottom, where the user can scroll/zoom to get at the things underneath
3) move the url bar to the bottom, where it is less likely to interfere
4) make the loading url bar look very different than the url bar, make it a little more transparent, and let the user tap stuff underneath it. {allow interacting with it only after you bring up the overlay.}

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wolke For This Useful Post:
Posts: 126 | Thanked: 102 times | Joined on May 2013 @ Melbourne, Aus
Any chance of implementing a cleaning function within the app?? Otherwise everything else seems flawless

Originally Posted by coderus View Post
cache in ~/.mozilla/mozembed
history in ~/.mozilla/Databases

Tags
harmattan, qmlmozbrowser