Hello,

Is there any way I can play youtube videos in full screen mode on my n900. i know there is zoutube app but that does not play video in full screen mode rather 20% of the screen is taken by the seek bar.

TuneWiki can play videos from youtube, and it plays it good. but there is no direct search and play interface to it. It searches the videos with artist and title name. I usually do not find the songs am looking for.

I tried searching the forum, but youtube is such a common word, it found everything.

actually zoutube can be on a "sort of" fullscreen, just double tap on the video.. or just go to the youtube website and choose the fullscreen mode both works for me

Last edited by zaoltryence; 2010-03-11 at 03:26.

The Following User Says Thank You to zaoltryence For This Useful Post:
zoutube works but it is not as full screen as it can be. TuneWiki has a better player.

youtube website is little heavy to load and play around with videos.

Posts: 168 | Thanked: 265 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ London, UK
Next version of zoutube has proper fullscreen. I haven't yet released it however, was looking for a new name actually one that doesn't bear too much resemblance to youtube.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to zaheerm For This Useful Post:
Posts: 663 | Thanked: 282 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ London, UK
Originally Posted by zaheerm View Post
was looking for a new name actually one that doesn't bear too much resemblance to youtube.
Can't you just call it "YouTube Player" (or even "Playa" ). Or are Google cracking down on usage of the name? Either way I'd think that Zoutube should be fine for you to use - unless you've been chased alredy?
Nokia are a business and have chosen a path of using the OSS community phenomenon to reduce their overheads specifically after sales support and development. Unlike Apple who do the opposite and make a killing from their Applications store.

Originally Posted by zaheerm View Post
Next version of zoutube has proper fullscreen. I haven't yet released it however, was looking for a new name actually one that doesn't bear too much resemblance to youtube.
when are you planning to release it?
yes I think we need a new name. It is an amazing app and we need an amazing name as well.

microb -> youtube.com -> fullscreen, works fine on mine...

Would be nice to have a better quality picture from an app. Using miroB videos look ok but not great. Using the current apps are little better then watching bia browser but still not great quality.

There was some symbian apps that played videos with high quality bit like the iphone's app.

I hope there will be a app for n900 that why play in high quality videos