Posts: 2,041 | Thanked: 1,066 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Houston

so definatly the slide out keyboard and GPS then.
Also better position for the Camera (which will hopefully be arround the 1.3Mp mark).
Shame no details on the specs of the device or if the thing has 2 SDHC slots on it like the N800.
I like the look of it mind

Very nice but I see Nokia were indeed stupid enough to put the front panel controls on the slide out keyboard. Don't they have any designers with an ounce of sense there?

I think the camera is the same.... and the usb is not a full scale usb. SO from these pictures not much changes other than the keyboard and the gps with the speakers pushed to the back. Is the screen size same??

well if the specs are roughtly the same then this bodes well for maemo development.
you want a GPS and slidey keyboard? get a N810
you dont want a GPS and slidey Keyboard? get a N800

One can but dream i suppose

I dont really understand the dpad... i havent even hear one good comment about how they are placed.... then why the frickinn hell did nokia put that inside. And how do we type when the tablet is on the table? This is the first time nokia disappointed me....

Damn that is one nasty looking device. I think it is very ugly.

I also have my doubts about the keyboard. I really hope it speeds up input, but I very much doubt it ( bad placement , and the numbers are under function keys)

Edit: the design is starting to grow on me already.

The spec are good:
a N800 with 20% faster CPU, 20% brighter screen
2GB of Flash memory, GPS receiver, slide out keyboard AND it is smaller than the N800!

I'm going to get one!!!

Last edited by Bernard; 2007-10-17 at 16:44.

Wait a minute in one of the pictures the stand goes way back then the n800 stand goes back. may be it can hold the screen at an angle while we type on the key board. I mean it may go beyond the 90 degrees angle and support the screen from behind. That is not a a bad idea.

Originally Posted by sachin007 View Post
I dont really understand the dpad... i havent even hear one good comment about how they are placed.... then why the frickinn hell did nokia put that inside.
I don't see any issue for me, I never use the dpad. Placing it inside means the overall size of the unit can be reduced....godo idea.

Originally Posted by sachin007 View Post
And how do we type when the tablet is on the table?
I don't understand the problem? With the keyboard open the unit can be laid flat, or simply held in your hands and used for thumb typing.

Thanks for the pics - at first look it doesn't look as bad as I thought it could, will it still have a touch screen do we think?