Banned | Posts: 695 | Thanked: 308 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ originally pakistan ,now in china
never mind ,even that happens some time ,many say here,N900 was a prototype and duh mother nokia didnt even feed well to this cutie pie ..so you are right but it happens ..And best part of N900 is TWEAKs ,you may see many users here ,buying iphone/android etc and soon they realise that it is fartingly useless cuz you cant drive those handsets your way ,you just gotta follow them .but N900 umm ,who knows you might be interested in being a developer? so <3 it ( thats all what i think about N900- all personal )

Posts: 2,829 | Thanked: 1,459 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
Originally Posted by McLightning View Post
and yes i wont be buying a Nokia phone in the near future.
We need more cowbell over here!

And I need more beer!

Posts: 293 | Thanked: 372 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Westside
At your service.

"The Cake Is A Lie"

Posts: 1,523 | Thanked: 1,997 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ not your mom's FOSS basement
Originally Posted by McLightning View Post
i agree that n900 deserves that it's the closest portable device to a computer...
but there are some issues with its design

Actually one thing that really bothers is its portrait usability.
Nokia did not even made a portrait home screen.it is made by a hacker here in the forum ( thanks to that guy ). Isnt that a shame that much of a powerful phone doesnt come with portrait mode. :/

Because of the lack of design in UI im having a big need to use qwerty keyboard. I dont feel that much of hardware keyboard need in nitdroid . I dont hate it at all you know it could be a perfect phone with a better design.

the other day i wrote about "conversation app sucks etc." i was quite angry because conversation kinda crash over and over again + didnt receive messages + lost the order of messages
and that kinda caused a misunderstanding and lead an argue with my gf
Actually what _i_ love from the 900 is the landscape design. Its better for holding & texting on it (compare to that really crappy chat timeline on the iPhone!), and it's better to view webpages on since you have to scroll vertically anyway, but often have the whole horizontal resolution for viewing - not like on iPotatos or generic Droids. I really dunno what portrait is taht useful for - phone calls / dialing screens coming to mind, but what else?

Last edited by don_falcone; 2011-08-05 at 20:56.

borrrrrrring.

Tags
close me please, cry me a river, delete me, old thread, worstthreadever