Active Topics

Banned | Posts: 974 | Thanked: 622 times | Joined on Oct 2010
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
It's yet to be seen if it'll be a mass-marketed device. I mean, that takes advertising as well as shipments and support in the larger markets.

So far, no UK, US, Germany, France, Spain and other markets have been slated to explicitly get the N9.

Mass-marketed device? Not yet.
It depends on the price. It got about the same specs as my now 1 year old (since launch) Samsung Wave. The UI on the N9, although cooler and much more ingenious, does not look faster or smoother than the Wave, but the N9 includes much more functionality in terms of (usable and value adding) apps. The wave is still popular, but that is mostly due to the price and the fact that no better Bada phones has entered the market.

All in all, it is about the same ballpark as the Wave, and must be priced in the same ballpark around 300 €

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
This phone is a toy for kids. Not a device for real men

Originally Posted by Kozzi View Post
It makes me wonder how they output the screen in use to the big screen in those demo videos and pictures.
ie
The article doesn't say how they did get the picture on the screen here, but it says it has the same video output as N900.

It also says they didn't give an exact launch date, but it is expected to arrive in Czech Republic by the end of the year... (What the hell, so late?)

Posts: 1,885 | Thanked: 2,008 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ OVI MAPS
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
Should be high up on your list then

Ag-a-doo-doo-doo, push pineapple, shake the tree
Aga-doo-doo-doo, push pineapple, grind coffee
To the left, to the right, jump up and down and to the knees

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=POv-3yIPSWc

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to NvyUs For This Useful Post:
Banned | Posts: 974 | Thanked: 622 times | Joined on Oct 2010
Not going to answer such girlish talk as it only leads to yet more infraction points

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
Originally Posted by danramos View Post
This is EXACTLY what I have been honing in on and repeatedly pointing out--there is nothing compelling and different about this device that would make anyone, casual phone user or geek alike, want to move to an N9 from anything else. The Maemo/MeeGo people didn't want this. The iPhone/Android people won't abandon their platform for this. What's compelling enough to make anyone want to buy this? I keep asking, "What do you like this about this handset?" but none of the answers so far make me feel that this is an incredible device I must have over anything else out there.
Who are you to speak so broadly, Dan? You're overlooking so many cases where someone would indeed feel compelled to move from their current device to this one. Do I really need to name some?

Looks to me like just another rank rush to negativism without thinking it through first. How's that limb holding up?

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Texrat For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
go back to your pacifier, you're not old enough for it!
Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Follow the MeeGo Coding Competition!

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ysss For This Useful Post:
Posts: 364 | Thanked: 128 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Australia
Originally Posted by Jaffa View Post
You seem to confuse answers which make you feel "that this is an incredible device" with what everyone else thinks.

The reaction I've seen does not suggest "the Maemo/MeeGo people" nor the "iPhone/Android" "don't want this". We get that you don't, but then lots of people here said that about the N810 ("the stylus is too small," "the speakers don't face forwrd," "the styling's not as good") and the N900 ("the keyboard is too small," "no directional pad," "the screen is too small," "the interface is too different," "no cancel button on dialogues," "I don't want a phone") as well.
N900 is definitely not a phone or a tablet that most people will like it, there are a lot of people who do like and pretty much all of them hang around this forum either to see what is the next thing comming out of community which will make n900 a good phone or a tablet, its a hand held device that is so open that you can do whatever you like and Maemo is efficient enough to run on a 600Mhz CPU without really grinding down and, it is capable of doing so many things that I will not repeat here as you all know it better than myself. N900 is still not for masses, I was offered a really good price by a dude for this phone but I didn't sell because I thought he would curse me for selling a phone that he couldn't operate, it may be technologically most advanced phone but for end users it lags in almost all aspects including basic phone functionalities....... its a developer's delight....... why were we so looking forward to N9 when n900 is perfect? because we were expecting something that is probably going to be N900 plus more , did n9 live upto expectations ..... leave it you all or should I say 'time will tell'..... for me on the face of it it looks just another phone on the market which can possibly Nokia give the volume that it is trying to chase ....

.......for now I'd say - long live Maemo long live n900.

The Following User Says Thank You to vivmak For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
i am so glad too see they help killing adobe shitty flash it must die anyway.

I am so possitive about it only has 1Ghz and old cpu this means the linux kernel and drivers has been tested for a longtime and also is optimized. Not like the new crapy android that needs dualCore to even run smootly.

I am also glad it has one of the fastest mobilecameras.

I am glad most of the core OS is opensource and real linux not some bloated java in top of it.

I am not that possitive it has no hwkbd but in the same time I can understand why, the UI is more optimized for portrait and one hand soo I thinks this is a awesome device even for me as a geek

Would be great if it has usbhdmi but aleast it has tvout.

No I only have too wait atleast three months to get one in my hand (rumors comes from swedish phoneoperators 23 sept

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mikecomputing For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
Originally Posted by Jaffa View Post
You seem to confuse answers which make you feel "that this is an incredible device" with what everyone else thinks.

The reaction I've seen does not suggest "the Maemo/MeeGo people" nor the "iPhone/Android" "don't want this". We get that you don't, but then lots of people here said that about the N810 and the N900 "the screen is too small,"
And look at that! Short!y after the N900 hit the streets, phones with bigger screens and tablets started making the N900 look like a loser. Soon after this site changed its name to Maemo. Whatever happened to Maemo and tablets and bigger screens?

The Following User Says Thank You to geneven For This Useful Post:

Tags
disapoint, eflop, epic win!, laggy interface, n9 rox, so much win, wateriswet, who cares, whyyyyy??????