Active Topics

Posts: 47 | Thanked: 24 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Bolton, United Kingdom
Originally Posted by Kwljunky View Post
hey man, am i missing something here ?
did you directly use a deb file to install ?
or did you build it in scratchbox, because im trying but the antigrain library is missing from the package and im guessing id have to port that first.

Is it possible to show a pic of it running on the n900 ?
I built it in scratchbox. The package you're looking for is libagg-dev.

Originally Posted by Siggen View Post

Care to share your improvements?

Posts: 204 | Thanked: 75 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Norway
Originally Posted by Lord Awesome View Post
Care to share your improvements?
Sorry for now its just a mockup, i have not actually got my N900 yet, (i get it in about 14 hours now CANT WAIT)

but its quite possible that Desmume will be one of my first projects.
I would make the Gui similar to the Photoshop i did right there... and also optify it...

Does the touch screen input work? and control bindings too? if so then i would work on the gui and have it optified.

I can honestly say that im not a good enough coder to edit the desmume engine to gain any speed.

Sorry for now its just a mockup, i have not actually got my N900 yet, (i get it in about 14 hours now CANT WAIT)

but its quite possible that Desmume will be one of my first projects.
I would make the Gui similar to the Photoshop i did right there... and also optify it...

Does the touch screen input work? and control bindings too? if so then i would work on the gui and have it optified.

I can honestly say that im not a good enough coder to edit the desmume engine to gain any speed.
Touch screen input does work along with control bindings when set. I think your GUI would be a massive improvement if it takes care of the scaling and layout.
Any chance of a portrait mockup? Maybe using the accelerometer to rotate the screens would save a bit of menu space.
I'm game to help out if this becomes a project.

Well I will start to draw the UI in the SDK after I have been allowed to play with my Phone for a short while first xD but ill mock a portrait version, and I will look into the codes to make it possible to actually choose portrait mode in the final version (using the accelerometer and automatic change keyboard layout and stuff, cant promise anything)

Im starting on my Portrait mode mockup now, fancy any games for me to mock? if not it will just be a random screenshot of a new game

Well I will start to draw the UI in the SDK after I have been allowed to play with my Phone for a short while first xD but ill mock a portrait version, and I will look into the codes to make it possible to actually choose portrait mode in the final version (using the accelerometer and automatic change keyboard layout and stuff, cant promise anything)

Im starting on my Portrait mode mockup now, fancy any games for me to mock? if not it will just be a random screenshot of a new game
Go with what looks best. I'm going to see if I can get the mic input working.

The Following User Says Thank You to Siggen For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Lord Awesome View Post
Go with what looks best. I'm going to see if I can get the mic input working.
That would be awesome, you are probably a better coder than i am, the only graphical applications ive made are like cracked loaders for programs, and cracked installers and so on... (in my country thats not illegal, though sharing copyrighted material still is).

Though i like designing GUI apps, and i think i will be able to do something like these mockups with my current skill level. But dont hold your breath, i will start on it this week but im not promising a finnished product, though i will share any advancement i make.

One thing that is important to me is following the User interface guidelines (as you maybe can see in the mockups).

I also have an aspiring coder flatmate that will help on the project, we actually study coding at a Norwegian university, but heck we just started, also i have prior experience.

lol the mockup is sign of things to come :P

Last edited by Kwljunky; 2010-01-18 at 20:05.

Originally Posted by Kwljunky View Post
Is it alright to upload the file ?
so i can work on it a little ?
http://sourceforge.net/projects/desmume/files/

Here you go...

The todo list is really somewhat this simple(not in any order):
-optify
-get Mic working
-get accelerometer working (desmume supports laptop accelerometer for something)
-get wifi working (as far as i can read, there is a buggy but yet interesting wifi support)
-get camera working(dont know for support in desmume, but i believe)
-get a decent landscape UI like i mocked up (i will start on this soon, but dont let that stop anyone from competing with me)
-get a decent portrate UI (with either way to switch {think this is the best, imagin laying in bed and playing} or with accelerometer.)

other than that, the emulation code would have to be edited, and i cant come up with any more fetures other that bugfixes and speedimporvement. But thinking about more of a direct pass of cpu calls since the platfors are similar, but i dont know if they are similar enough, this would give a MAJOR speed boost and maybe even compatibility.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Siggen For This Useful Post:

Tags
ds emulator, emulator