Posts: 40 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ San Diego, CA, USA
Originally Posted by zfarooq View Post
the iphone app is the estimated one, which tells day today and adds a certain time frame.

I ordered from nokiausa today and have an order with amazon. So whichever ships first i'll cancel the other
Actually its said that date since I placed my order on the 8th of November. Unless you meant it just adds a certain amount of time to the original purchase date.

On another note, is there an available coupon for nokiausa.com ?

Originally Posted by drew View Post
Actually its said that date since I placed my order on the 8th of November. Unless you meant it just adds a certain amount of time to the original purchase date.

On another note, is there an available coupon for nokiausa.com ?
Yeah my bad thats what i meant (it was one or the other) it adds a certain time frame plus a buffer of when it should ship [B]by[B] at the max.

No coupons for nokiausa.

Posts: 1,067 | Thanked: 313 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ USA
bh-703.

they were calling in order of the pre-orders...

Posts: 27 | Thanked: 16 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Bakersfield, CA
So I called Nokia USA to upgrade my shipping and the rep told me that they are starting shipping. I laughed and said really? she said yes and that I was required to authorize through my credit card company the purchase. That is holding up my order she said. So i got excited, but not too much. I called my credit card company and asked them if there was a pending purchase that requires authorization. He was able to verify the amount but said it was still in hold mode. So he was able to put in an advanced authorization for the next 30 days. But it was not like I needed to do it and it would be charged that moment like the nokia rep stated. Those Nokia reps really need to be better informed. This is the fourth time they got my hopes up. I don't want to crash again :-)

Posts: 177 | Thanked: 43 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ Gainesville, FL
Are the cold blue lasers from the penguin's eyes new? Or have they been there all a long and I just didn't notice.

http://maemo.nokia.com/

Posts: 177 | Thanked: 43 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ Gainesville, FL
Maybe they're delivering the n900s! A lil scary...I hope they're not angry.

Posts: 52 | Thanked: 15 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ León, Spain
Originally Posted by iamNarada View Post
Are the cold blue lasers from the penguin's eyes new? Or have they been there all a long and I just didn't notice.

http://maemo.nokia.com/
Everything is better with lasers! (I bet that pengüins have bluetooth also (Big Bang Theory mandatory reference)).

Posts: 27 | Thanked: 16 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Bakersfield, CA
I called nokia USA after talking to my credit card company and now they say my order has gone through and they are now shipping pre-orders. I will keep checking my credit card and emails for the actual transaction. Because I am still skeptical even though the second rep was a different person but had the same info as the first.

I have to rely on what they say because I had to re-order over the phone after my initial pre-order in September was canceled through a technical difficulty. So I can't check the status online. They have no way of linking my order to my online account they say. I just have a hard time believing those reps now.

Last edited by ewagner; 2009-11-13 at 22:02.

I have a new temporary authorization for my September preorder from NOKIA USA. The charge had not been there for the last few weeks.

Posts: 670 | Thanked: 747 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Kansas City, Missouri, USA
Originally Posted by ewagner View Post
I called nokia USA after talking to my credit card company and now they say my order has gone through and they are now shipping pre-orders. I will keep checking my credit card and emails for the actual transaction. Because I am still skeptical even though the second rep was a different person but had the same info as the first.

I have to rely on what they say because I had to re-order over the phone after my initial pre-order in September was canceled through a technical difficulty. So I can't check the status online. They have no way of linking my order to my online account they say. I just have a hard time believing those reps now.
I just had a bad run-in with NokiaUSA sales. Here's the whole story...

I pre-ordered online back on Sept 4th. A couple of days later I got a call to inform me that my card had been denied. No way, I could buy a nice car with that card! So I call the card company. They say everything's fine, no problem, buy whatever. Call Nokia back, tried again - card is denied. So he tells me to wait 3 days for their system to clear that out and try again. I say let's try another card and see what happens. Ok, works this time! And AFAIK all has been well since. I checked the order now and then, always 'In progress'. Fine, I can wait.

Today, I get another call from Nokia to verify the order. All RIIIGHT!!! This it IT! But, no, the free headset can't be included, so he offers 15% discount instead. Great, I didn't really want the headset anyway, and it saves me about $100. BUT, I have to re-order.

That's where things go bad. Go through all my info again, get a new total and - the card is rejected. The same card I used on the 2nd try for the original pre-order. WTF?? I call the bank, they tell me Nokia tried 3 times to charge the phone and they never denied any of them. Bank gives me a 800 number for Nokia to call to get an authorization code to prove the card is good.

I call NokiaUSA again. They tell me they can't call the bank, I need to call them and get it straightened out, then do the 3-day wait again for their system to clear out my 'rejected card' and try to order again. And they tell me I do not have a N900 on order any more.

That's my limit for the day - I get kinda hot. Talk to a supervisor for 30 minutes. Whadaya mean you can't call the bank? Whadaya mean you can't correct an error in your system? Whadaya do if the same thing happens in 3 days? How do I get my friggin' phone I've waited 3 months for? I get no meaningful answers...

I'm done. I just pre-ordered from Newegg using one of the same cards NokiaUSA said was rejected. I've bought thousands of dollars worth of stuff from Newegg with no problems. I may get my N900 a little later (site says expect Nov 30) but I'll get it. And, the total on the original Nokia pre-order was $699. $559 from Newegg, so I saved $140.

The phone should rock. The NokiaUSA sales department can bite me.
Registered Linux user #266531.