An email to NokiaUSA:

I am looking for a new cellular phone to replace my current Apple iPhone. Your Nokia N900 seems like the perfect option except for the lack of Adobe Flash 10.1 support. Without this software I cannot use the Nokia N900 to access a growing number of websites which require Flash 10.1. Should you add support for Adobe Flash 10.1 soon I will gladly purchase a Nokia N900 but without this software I cannot willingly purchase a phone which will limit my ability to access information (websites) on the internet.

Sincerely,
David Wash

- Seeing my later posts it becomes clear that I purchased the N900 anyhow as a result of finding the flash editing software "Tweak Flash" here on Maemo.org. We would still be better served by a Flash Player update from Nokia and Adobe.

Last edited by monkeyman; 2011-03-09 at 22:53.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to monkeyman For This Useful Post:
Posts: 44 | Thanked: 19 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ London
Had my nose rubbed in it over morning coffee:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-10947784

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
sry, but i can't understand people who choose their mobile devices by the ability to play flash videos.

ok, watching videos on youtube is very funny, interesting and so on, but when i buy a mobile device i want a device with good hardware and a big community. so when i have this i get help and i get community apps everywhere and so on.

on my list what my mobile device should be able to do out of the box, flash is not in the top 10. there are things like wlan, bluetooth, full keyboard, linux powered os, mozilla based browser maybe fennec, tethering support, and many more things that i wanna do the whole day and that is important for me.

flash is important when it gets to surf the web. but for real surfing i have a pc or notebook with a big screen. do you guys who complains about flash support really enjoy surfing the web with a 5 inch display and a super small sized keyboard?

so when the n900 has flash 9.4 it's ok. i mean youtube works, most other things work too and when i fake my flash version to 10 many more things work. i watch youtube videos 5 or 15mins a day with this small screen and for that small amount of time this solution is good enough.

so i can wait for flash 10.1. it's ok when i only have flash 9.4.

just my opinion about flash and mobile devices.

The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,319 | Thanked: 5,610 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Finland
Originally Posted by digital909 View Post

I find it interesting though that the focal point was watching *videos*. That particular aspect is the simplest to replace with an alternative solution (and a browser playing back accelerated video through HTML is not science fiction on the N900 either). Also, I found it surprisingly choppy even when the lag caused by orientation changes cleared - it was almost on par with an overclocked N900. The real problem are the sites that rely on Flash for navigation or where the whole site is packed in one giant flash...

Posts: 218 | Thanked: 56 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Germany , Thüringen
well since the n900 doesnt have a real good Phone Software and everybody is calling it more a tablet than a mobile Phone what else is more important then as to surf and watch all those little flash Animations and Videos?

Nearly every Site , Forum and so one is useing Flash today. So maybe thats why it is so imporant for the N900 .. its at the Moment the best Argument for it byside the Multitasking if this is falling what shall all the N900 Fanboys say to us so called Trolls..

Originally Posted by digital909 View Post

OMG! Android has invented full web browsing INCLUDING Flash Video on a mobile phone. And look! You can't do that on an iPhone, only on two of the very latest Android devices. Well done BBC, you are so very clever for discovering this latest development in mobile technology.

Nokia are so stupid that even if they did see this report, they wouldn't link it with their foolish tardiness in getting Flash 10.1 out on Maemo 5.

Posts: 559 | Thanked: 166 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Cyprus
Nokia, you`ve marketed the N900 as an internet tablet (with full web experience)....so the best thing you can do is GIVE ME MY F%%^& FLASH 10.1 SUPPORT NOW!.....or else you are a lying company and I don`t buy future phones from liars!

Last edited by sophocha; 2010-08-12 at 10:52.

Originally Posted by sophocha View Post
Nokia, you`ve marketed the N900 as an internet tablet (with full web experience)....so the best thing you can do is GIVE ME MY F%%^& FLASH 10.1 SUPPORT NOW!.....or else you are a lying company and I don`t buy future phones from liars!
Hey, how about buying my future house...or my future car? I'll give you a great deal....

Posts: 185 | Thanked: 49 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ The Netherlands
nevermind........

Last edited by Zekahz; 2010-08-12 at 11:16.

Posts: 27 | Thanked: 20 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Cologne
Latest rumor I heard was that meego.com will be completely converted to Flash 10.1 in the near future...
Just to prevent N900 owners from bashing Nokia...

... or to force them to buy a meego-device to continue their crusade against Nokia...

Tags
adobe, adobe flash, blahblah, flash, flash 10, flash 10.1, fremantle, future, idiotic thread, maemo, maemo 5, nokia, nokia fails, update