Active Topics

So, I'm happy to see the triumphant arrival of tappable links and inline images in the RSS reader. Yay!

But it still seems to have problems with any moderately large feed. Try Engadget for example: http://engadget.com/rss.xml

Seems like a pretty likely read for this group, eh?

It pulls down the feed, but half (more than half?) of the images are broken.

Worse, none of the images seem to get cached, and every time you access the feed, it reloads them. If you are unlucky enough to be in offline mode, or not in network range, then no images for you.

Maybe in the 2007 OS?

(OK, so I'm kind of trolling here, but I'd be evangelizing this thing from every rooftop if there weren't so many of these lame duck implementations of really quite important things. I complain because I love. Or at least, I want to.)

Originally Posted by stevenf
It pulls down the feed, but half (more than half?) of the images are broken.
Can't say I've seen this problem and I read engadget.

Originally Posted by stevenf
Worse, none of the images seem to get cached, and every time you access the feed, it reloads them. If you are unlucky enough to be in offline mode, or not in network range, then no images for you.
This isn't usually a problem for me since I'm usually on a network, but I guess that could be a pain when you're off one.

Originally Posted by bac522
Can't say I've seen this problem and I read engadget.
What's the trick then? My configuration is basically out-of-the-box, and I don't have any fancy hacks going on.

There are no error messages or anything, it just fails to load all the images.

Are you using the same feed URL that I listed above?