Active Topics

Posts: 42 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Sep 2005 @ Northwich, Cheshire, UK
Not sure if anyone's mentioned this yet, but there is a nice video over on Ari Jaaski's Blog - he run's Nokia's open source software development for the 770.

The video certainly makes the device look fast - well worth a look.

newsbot | Posts: 94 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Jul 2005
Ari Jaaksi has made a small video to show off the browsing speed of the Nokia 770 as well as its multitaksing ability, allowing you to listen to streaming radio while browsing, or playing games. It`s worth a look!Internet Tablet Talk is also hosting the videos locally just in case Ari exceeds his bandwidth on his host. Videos: (AVI, MPEG)[br /] ...
Read the full article.

Looks great! I want one now...

Holy god my credit card has just melted.

Now if eReader will port their DRMd reader to this plaform, I'll be in heaven. Even if they don't, I still want one. I'll just get a dirt-cheap palm for the protected books I have.

I'm not at all surprised. Aside from the streaming audio, that speed is *exactly* what I experienced at the Linux Expo. Perhaps NOW people will believe me when I said it wasn't slow at all, aside from the loading of programs and a hard reset (both of which I'm sure they've been working on -- and as we see in the video too; my initial fondle was many many moons ago).