Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 116 | Thanked: 44 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Chennai, India
Hi,

I am facing a new problem today. I have this wi-fi connected on my N900 but all i could see is it becomes unused in course of few minutes.

Scenarios:

1. I start HAM and the lists are refreshed. I download an application from repos, download drops in the middle and remains undone. IT neither disconnects nor completes the download.

2. I use TweeGo. I try to login,but it doesn't finish the process, It keeps trying to login. But the wi-fi connection is still active.

3. Disconnected wi-fi and tried www.google.com through microB browser. It searches for the wi-fi and asks me to connect. I select the preferred network,wi-fi connects,but the site is not opened. MicroB keeps searching for the page,but finally shows a TRY AGAIN page

I just got a CSSU update before this issue and nothing else new has happened since then.

Searched for a solution on TMO, but i didn't find any similar thread. Sorry, if I have failed to find an existing-similar thread.

Need some help from you friends.

Thanks,in advance.

Last edited by manojkumaru; 2011-05-15 at 08:03.

When this next happens try pinging the router, you will need to know its IP address and to be root.

eg:
Code:
sudo gainroot
ping 192.168.0.1
This way you will know whether it's your phone (you cannot ping it) or your router (you can ping it)

I had a similar issue where the phone would show it was still connected to the Wifi but all communication had failed, switching off and then back on Wifi in the phone (using Wifi switcher) would fix it, but I don't think it has happened since I re-flashed, so maybe a reflash would fix it.

Originally Posted by JonWW View Post
When this next happens try pinging the router, you will need to know its IP address and to be root.

eg:
Code:
sudo gainroot
ping 192.168.0.1
This way you will know whether it's your phone (you cannot ping it) or your router (you can ping it)

I had a similar issue where the phone would show it was still connected to the Wifi but all communication had failed, switching off and then back on Wifi in the phone (using Wifi switcher) would fix it, but I don't think it has happened since I re-flashed, so maybe a reflash would fix it.
Ping's result is below.

C:\Users\Manoj>ping 192.168.1.3

Pinging 192.168.1.3 with 32 bytes of data:
Reply from 192.168.1.5: Destination host unreachable.

Ping statistics for 192.168.1.3:
Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),

I tried to ssh,ftp and even winscp. But everything fails. Anything wrong with maemo? I don't want a reflash again

Posts: 62 | Thanked: 18 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ India
dude i have the same problem here..someone please work it out..i have been working on it for the last 5 days..private messages,posts..still nothing happened..

One more information. I close all the connections. I open facebook via microB. It connects to the wi-fi automatically. wowie.. facebook page is opened. I open a new microb window and try TMO on that.. bussssssss. It cannot open the page. when i try refreshing the facebook window,it succeeds. wonder. I tried refreshing the TMO again. failure. Next I tried refreshing the facebook page and the TMO page the simultaneously. wow.. it worked out.. great. but what is the problem here? i don't find out.

Posts: 55 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Italy
I also noticed this problem from about a week, rebooting the phone or using wifi switcher help, but i still annoying. I'm using power kernel v47.

It might be something to do with Windows rather than your N900. For some reason I can't connect from my Windows 7 box and get the "Destination host unreachable" error when I ping from it.

I can connect perfectly fine from my box running Ubuntu.

I was able to connect from Windows by having the N900 terminal constantly ping my Windows box. I'm not sure what the root problem is exactly.

Last edited by vitamind; 2011-05-21 at 06:27.

Posts: 2,050 | Thanked: 1,425 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bucharest
"Reply from 192.168.1.5: Destination host unreachable."

Who's 1.5? Who's 1.3 for that same question. Also, if FB loads but not TMO, either TMO is fiddly (it is sometimes) or you have a DNS issue, rather than a connectivity issue. Or gateway, or routing.

Vitamid:
"I was able to connect from Windows by having the N900 terminal constantly ping my Windows box. I'm not sure what the root problem is exactly. "

How's the firewall? What are your connection settings? Do you do forwarding from router? What's your setup? And finally, if Windows doesn't do it, then it's not an N900 issue, it's a router issue.

My best guess is you let Windows on automatic and Linux on manual, and Windows has a bad config. Use ipconfig /all and compare settings. Seems like an iffy gateway or DNS setting. May be a lease problem, one IP is fixed and the other isn't, but the router keeps the lease, since it's the same MAC.

Either way. Use a 3G connection or a different (correctly configured) wifi before digging around OSs for issues. If it works fine in an open wifi or over GPRS/3G, you have a configuration issue with your network setup.

Keep the forums clean: use "Thanks" button instead of the thank you post.

The Following User Says Thank You to ndi For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by ndi View Post
"Reply from 192.168.1.5: Destination host unreachable."

Who's 1.5? Who's 1.3 for that same question. Also, if FB loads but not TMO, either TMO is fiddly (it is sometimes) or you have a DNS issue, rather than a connectivity issue. Or gateway, or routing.

Vitamid:
"I was able to connect from Windows by having the N900 terminal constantly ping my Windows box. I'm not sure what the root problem is exactly. "

How's the firewall? What are your connection settings? Do you do forwarding from router? What's your setup? And finally, if Windows doesn't do it, then it's not an N900 issue, it's a router issue.

My best guess is you let Windows on automatic and Linux on manual, and Windows has a bad config. Use ipconfig /all and compare settings. Seems like an iffy gateway or DNS setting. May be a lease problem, one IP is fixed and the other isn't, but the router keeps the lease, since it's the same MAC.

Either way. Use a 3G connection or a different (correctly configured) wifi before digging around OSs for issues. If it works fine in an open wifi or over GPRS/3G, you have a configuration issue with your network setup.
Thanks ndi. Your suspect on Router was right. I just did a reset and it started working,though not technically logical,but it does work now.

The Following User Says Thank You to manojkumaru For This Useful Post:
Posts: 20 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Senegal
Please, my wifi is active but i am unable to login my tweego account on my N900. Please, Who can give me the solution. Thanks in advance!