Active Topics

Posts: 1,463 | Thanked: 81 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ UK
FoulPlay: I believe the latest SW doesn't include the X Terminal app and it doesn't seem to be available separately. Could you keep a copy of an earlier SW which does include it, so post-release us "late"-adopters can get a copy?

quote: "to sell for about $350 excluding local taxes" which means 350 PLUS tax which totals around 400.- then here in Germany ???

Originally Posted by aflegg
FoulPlay: I believe the latest SW doesn't include the X Terminal app and it doesn't seem to be available separately. Could you keep a copy of an earlier SW which does include it, so post-release us "late"-adopters can get a copy?

Unfortunately that's not possible. Our best best is for the developers of Maemo Terminal to compile a Application Installer ready DEB file as far as I can see.

Posts: 1,463 | Thanked: 81 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ UK
In LinuxDevices article on the delay, there's a suggestion it may be due to licencing moves to replace Opera with MiniMo (a Mozilla-based browser):

http://www.linuxdevices.com/news/NS5561232702.html

I say that Nokia should push it for October. Imagine how much sales they can get for the Christmas season, with companies/vendors ordering by bulk as giveaways. If it comes out for $250, Nokia should make sure that their customer support department is ready.

BEST headline coverage:

Headache Tablets for Nokia as online device delayed

http://edinburghnews.scotsman.com/bu...?id=2049192005

For everyone's info... I emailed Nokia last night and asked about the 770 release date.. they replied this morning and said the release date is "undetermined at this time". ;-(

I'd wished yuo'd said: "... and asked about the 770 release date.. they replied: this morning ..." ;-)