Posts: 270 | Thanked: 239 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Czech Republic
Hi, Does scratchbox compiler include ARM EABI? Thx for your reply.

Posts: 56 | Thanked: 31 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Austria

The Following User Says Thank You to dannym For This Useful Post:
Thanks. Does maemo 4 have the same compiler as maemo 5? Is there anything special what I have to add to makefile? I am confused because maemo compiler is in arm-none-linux-gnueabi.

Last edited by Figa; 2010-09-04 at 06:04.

Originally Posted by Figa View Post
Thanks. Does maemo 4 have the same compiler as maemo 5?
The Maemo 4 SDK comes with gcc 3.4, Maemo 5 with 4.2 (3.4 is also available but not installed by default).

Is there anything special what I have to add to makefile? I am confused because maemo compiler is in arm-none-linux-gnueabi.
You should really just use it as "gcc" (or "g++" etc), there's a lot of scratchbox redirection magic happening under the hood.

The Following User Says Thank You to lma For This Useful Post:
Thank you. Ok if arm eabi is available problem has to be elsewhere. What mean the none in call of folder?

Posts: 56 | Thanked: 31 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Austria
http://gcc.gnu.org/install/old.html

>A canonical configuration name has three parts, separated by dashes. It looks like this: `cpu-company-system'. (The three parts may themselves contain dashes; configure can figure out which dashes serve which purpose.) For example, `m68k-sun-sunos4.1' specifies a Sun 3.

>configure can figure out which dashes serve which purpose.

And humans?

Last edited by dannym; 2010-09-04 at 13:55.

The Following User Says Thank You to dannym For This Useful Post:
Posts: 13 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Russian working in Poland for an US company :)
Originally Posted by lma View Post
The Maemo 4 SDK comes with gcc 3.4, Maemo 5 with 4.2 (3.4 is also available but not installed by default).
By the way, is there any chance to see updated compiler in Maemo 5?

Or at least too see this fix backported to existing 4.2.1 gcc, because currently using NEON intrinsics in C/C++ is painful (it either generates internal compiler error or - after dirty and fragile workarounds - produces unoptimal code) :(

And scalar float math (that is, VFP) on N900 is too slow for any interesting stuff... :( It's a pity to see this nice CPU underused because of compiler's shortcomings.

Posts: 13 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Russian working in Poland for an US company :)
Maybe this http://www.codesourcery.com/sgpp/lit...al/release1293
I tried that previously, but

1) I haven't figured out how to switch madde to use different toolchain. I hacked both cache/madde.conf and targets/fremantle-pr12/information (also looked in qt's specs, but there was nothing to suggest path used for a toolchain). "mad info" started to show me newer toolchain, but I was unable to use it to compile the project in QtCreator (make kept returning 255).

2) CodeSourcery's releases lack 64-bit versions, and while it's not strictly a problem since I haven't yet managed to use the toolchain at all, I feel uneasy about that (I only have 32-bit OS on a netbook).

Thank you. Ok if arm eabi is available problem has to be elsewhere.
What is the problem you are trying to solve exactly?

The Following User Says Thank You to lma For This Useful Post: