Posts: 738 | Thanked: 819 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Berlin
i know .. its only a answer to TemeV, he want to know how it cost, and i told him + - 40$

But i buy many times over Digikey (living in Germany). Or you mean, there dont sell only the Termal Imager to EU ?

EDIT:
Ok i call Digikey, and you right, this part cant be shipped to EU because there dont have licens...

if there can it will cost:
1 PC - 39,21$ + tax + 30$ shipping
10 - 37,935 + tax and free shipping

http://www.digikey.com/product-detai...9-1-ND/3461616

maybe threre is a another firm what sells in EU. The woman means, that its possible, that some one has the licens to sell in EU, but she cant tell me if there a firm exist

EDIT2:
Check Alibaba
http://www.alibaba.com/product-gs/73..._3_3V_LOW.html

maybe there can send to us

or a German:
www.sander-electronic.de/thermopilearrays.html

EDIT3:
Ok, the Firm in Berlin sander-electronic can sell the product, BUT... the price is extremly high. Ther dont buy this from US, because no licens... there told me there buy it directy by panasonic in japan. The Shipping will take 9 weeks and cost 70€.
There mean the price is exploding from Januar to febraur. he cant told me why, but the price last month was 20/30€ less.

Last edited by cvp; 2014-02-17 at 15:19.

The Following User Says Thank You to cvp For This Useful Post:
Posts: 562 | Thanked: 2,744 times | Joined on Dec 2013 @ Espoo, Finland
I have few pcs already in order through local distributor.. delivery time is that 8..10 weeks aro.

So there is not much to do for few months for this - schematics and layout (and making fancy application). I think EMC rules, ground planes are in key point here, to avoid phone RF from influencing measurements (as there was caution in the datasheet)

About sw, maybe i use dbus screencapture method to store image, then i get all the information (min/max/avg etc) to the same pic and avoid image processing.
It will be "low res" but i think it is enough for this purpose, viewfinder is 640x480.

(this will be tagged WIP when i really get into this...)

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to kimmoli For This Useful Post:
Posts: 9 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on Jan 2014 @ Oxford, UK
The Melexis 16x4 MLX90620 sensor is in stock with futureelectronics for 37 GBP. I'll order one and would love to join the TOHITI project

@kimmoli - do you use something like github for the software? stefan

Last edited by strahl; 2014-02-17 at 19:39.

The Following User Says Thank You to strahl For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,335 | Thanked: 3,931 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Brittany, France
Originally Posted by kimmoli View Post
Ofcourse it is not a scientific instrument... (comp with juiceme)
Of course, I know that, no worries. But I was hoping something around d = 1 °C, I could have made use of it pretty easily for preliminary experiments before trying to get funds for better equipments, with guaranteed performance, and 0.1 < d < 0.01 °C (I don't need the latter, but only the most accurate devices may be reliable enough at the 0.1 resolution I need). For what I had in mind, extreme absolute accuracy is unnecessary. No Star Trek or lasers here. :]

But depending on the cost and progress, I may still want one Kimmoli. If not for science, just for nerdiness. I am going to monitor this thread.

Last edited by Kabouik; 2014-03-23 at 23:19.

The Following User Says Thank You to Kabouik For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by strahl View Post
@kimmoli - do you use something like github for the software? stefan
github. also for hw. some babys i like to keep with me until they are housebroken, but eventually they appear there.

The Melexis 16x4 MLX90620 sensor
I did take a look at this, but for some reason i did like AMG883x more.

I will put the current "demo" app toi github tomorrow.

Last edited by kimmoli; 2014-02-17 at 22:09.

The Following User Says Thank You to kimmoli For This Useful Post:
Posts: 9 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on Jan 2014 @ Oxford, UK
Thanks for sharing it on github

And fun with google translate "sokka irti" == "the pin out", so not too far away from the topic

The Following User Says Thank You to strahl For This Useful Post:
Thanks for sharing it on github
Now it is there. moved random color generation from qml to c++ side, where from the real gradient colors will come in future.

Maybe the joke is for Finnish people only. #putous

The Following User Says Thank You to kimmoli For This Useful Post:
Thanks.

For that price it would be a deal, hopely someone will sell it to Europe.

BTW, how do those imagers work? "Pixels" are quite big, so is the temperature of the pixel an average of the area, highest temp, lowest temp, or what?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TemeV For This Useful Post:

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to kimmoli For This Useful Post:
PCB's are here...

Now waiting for sensors...

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to kimmoli For This Useful Post:

Tags
infrared, jolla toh