Notices

Posts: 1,974 | Thanked: 1,834 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ india
feature request:
clicking the top left corner in fullscreen to minimise the window i.e just what the default launcher does as qml browser isint a tabbed browser so switching windows is a pain in fullscreen
a transparent stop button at the bottom left corner in fullscreen to stop a page from loading which can also serve as a back button
option to toggle the topbar on or off where a top left click still can switch windows as it can provide more real estate in a sane way for some
addition of a searchbox with configurable search engines by long clicking any search box then add search engine and i got no idea where to put the searchbox maybe the searchbox can be put at the top or just avove the url bar and the bookmarks list below or avove it so it just takes a litte space like a bookmark and the searchbox can be made static or it scrolls with the bookmarks or it gets hidden when bookkmarks are scrolled
anyway the best part of qml browser is that it dosent feel alien it feels like a part of the system like microb and i believe some more sane usablity enancements can prove to be useful

Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by nokiabot View Post
clicking the top left corner in fullscreen to minimise the window i.e just what the default launcher does
That's only because the launher does not support the full screen mode. Just like MicroB, for that matter.

You don't need that feature, all you need to do is tap on any empty space (to avoid hitting a link) to bring up the soft expand button in the bottom right and tap that button to switch back from full screen. Just like MicroB.

In fact, most of your requests can be answered in the same way.
On the other hand.

option to toggle the topbar on or off where a top left click still can switch windows as it can provide more real estate in a sane way
That sounds like a reasonable feature. That's what the stock Maps application does.

addition of a searchbox with configurable search engines by long clicking any search box then add search engine and i got no idea where to put the searchbox
In case you haven't noticed, the address bar also doubles as the search box and already has the option to add search engines.

The Following User Says Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
That's only because the launher does not support the full screen mode. Just like MicroB, for that matter.

You don't need that feature, all you need to do is tap on any empty space (to avoid hitting a link) to bring up the soft expand button in the bottom right and tap that button to switch back from full screen. Just like MicroB.

In fact, most of your requests can be answered in the same way.
On the other hand.

That sounds like a reasonable feature. That's what the stock Maps application does.

In case you haven't noticed, the address bar also doubles as the search box and already has the option to add search engines.
oops how come i didnt saw the searchengines theres even the duck
for the record switching windows in fullscreen is a pain as one needs to toggle then switch
a stop button can also come in handy the same way
the best would be to able to disable the topbar while still retaining switching functionablity as you said
to be clear i suggested them so the sanest of them gets considerd as no one wants a ugly mess

Originally Posted by nokiabot View Post
facebook.com redirects to mobile page that is ridiculous considering how useless the mobile page is also the langague is not english everytime
touch.facebook.com returns a error page
I used to get that error but not anymore. One thing that might have helped was changing the user agent to N900.

The Following User Says Thank You to chill For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by chill View Post
I used to get that error but not anymore. One thing that might have helped was changing the user agent to N900.
will try copying user agent till then can you post a couple of useragents as i dont have useragent tool installed
thanks

Posts: 3,328 | Thanked: 4,476 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Poland
nokiabot: http://whatsmyuseragent.com/CommonUserAgents

Projects no longer actively developed: here

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to marmistrz For This Useful Post:
Posts: 676 | Thanked: 1,067 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Kyiv, Ukraine
Crashes on life.ua/uk/

The Following User Says Thank You to int_ua For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by marmistrz View Post
nokiabot: http://whatsmyuseragent.com/CommonUserAgents
I got mine by going to whatsmyuseragent.com with microb, and then copy/pasting to QML Browser's user agent field.

I suppose I could have done the same with other browsers, e.g. going to whatsmyseragent.com from my PC's browsers (Chrome, Firefox, IE) and then getting the result over to QML Browser.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to chill For This Useful Post:
Posts: 115 | Thanked: 95 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Sankt-Peterburg, Russia
It crashes on startup after the latest update

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ekze For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by ekze View Post
It crashes on startup after the latest update
Confirming:

Code:
~ $ /opt/qml-browser/bin/qml-browser
QDeclarativeComponent: Component is not ready
"file:///opt/qml-browser/qml/main.qml:18:1: plugin cannot be loaded for module "org.hildon.components": Cannot load library /opt/lib/qt4/imports/org/hildon/components/libhildoncomponents.so: (/opt/lib/qt4/imports/org/hildon/components/libhildoncomponents.so: undefined symbol: _ZN16QDeclarativeBind10classBeginEv)"
/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:

Tags
browser, components, hildon, maemo 5, web browser