Active Topics

This was posted at howardforums.

N900 web design specs

The date if the PDF is June 10 2010.
After reading this does it bother anyone else that Nokia thinks that most smartphone users have 2.8-3.5" screens with pixel density of 126?

Is that really what nokia thinks that their competition is offering?

Anyways forgive me if this was posted before, I couldn't find it in a couple of quick searches.

Posts: 1,425 | Thanked: 983 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Hong Kong
Originally Posted by Konceptz View Post
This was posted at howardforums.

N900 web design specs

The date if the PDF is June 10 2010.
After reading this does it bother anyone else that Nokia thinks that most smartphone users have 2.8-3.5" screens with pixel density of 126?

Is that really what nokia thinks that their competition is offering?
Below please find the corresponding table. The document said120-160 PPI not 126. You might have read it too fast.

Also, 320x480 pixels, 160 PPI and 3.5 inches screen is exactly the specification of iPhone 3GS. May be you've problem with iPhone 3GS being considered 'typical' by Nokia? ^^
Attached Images

Last edited by 9000; 2010-06-18 at 03:03.

Great, good catch on the numbers and thanks for the cut and paste.

I'm also glad you have the iPhone dialed in, but take a look at the chart. Those stats are at the top of the range. It's still depressing that nokia publishes something like this and doesn't consider all of the other handsets both out and coming out.

Sorry to mar this document with a gripe, but I have been and still am a Nokia fan with vested interest in how they do.

Posts: 1,425 | Thanked: 983 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Hong Kong
No problem. Nothing personal and offense not intended. ^^

In the luncheon meeting yesterday, 12 persons sat together, and 11 of them putting iPhone on the dining table. I'm the 12th one who put different phone on the table.

I think iPhone is a typical 'typical smartphone' nowaday. Few would disagree iPhone is top of the line in the smartphone market. It has lower resolution okay, but it's still top of the line.

In this connection, the range does reflect the reality. What range would you set in this case? What other typical smartphone should fall in this range and still considered typical?

Originally Posted by 9000 View Post
No problem. Nothing personal and offense not intended. ^^

In the luncheon meeting yesterday, 12 persons sat together, and 11 of them putting iPhone on the dining table. I'm the 12th one who put different phone on the table.

I think iPhone is a typical 'typical smartphone' nowaday. Few would disagree iPhone is top of the line in the smartphone market. It has lower resolution okay, but it's still top of the line.

In this connection, the range does reflect the reality. What range would you set in this case? What other typical smartphone should fall in this range and still considered typical?
I, obviously, would broaden the range. Your question is an unnecessary trap using the word "typical", lets move past this game and think forwards.

I had the same meeting yet fourteen people had Hd2s, nexus ones, droid incredibles and six of them had ordered iphone 4s.

These smart phones are real, and shouldn't be ignored. releasing a document like this reflects a mentality at nokia that I wish would change.

Last edited by Konceptz; 2010-06-18 at 13:47.