Active Topics

Notices

Maybe another bug : I can't play mp4 files with OMP (no problem with the stock media player)

Posts: 182 | Thanked: 84 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Jordan
Originally Posted by MohammadAG View Post
I actually want to implement this, but if I do, then it'll only work when the mediaplayer is open.

when i open any other application while playing a song the volume down for a second and then back to normal and same thing happens at closing the apps .
is that normal?

Sorry if someone already answered that question... if I install this player, it will substitute the default player or I still will have boths?

Thanks!

Originally Posted by amadeukaos View Post
Sorry if someone already answered that question... if I install this player, it will substitute the default player or I still will have boths?

Thanks!
Use the instructions on this post

But ignore this section if you don't want to replace the stock player!

All existing MAFW-based apps will work fine with this, the stock widget will open this mediaplayer, media-im-status-updater will fetch metadata correctly, etc...
To "replace" the stock player (if you don't want to do that, use the script below).
Place the binary in /usr/local/bin/
Code:
nano /usr/share/dbus-1/services/com.nokia.mediaplayer.service
Change /usr/bin/mediaplayer to /usr/local/bin/mediaplayer, note that this will cause mime_open to stop working until implemented.

N900 Died Replaced with N8, Requested E7, "Accidentally Broke E7", Now rolling with an N9 and im loving it!

My Contributions

N900 Conversations Wiki Page

Great job. This is what I've been waiting for.

Been using OMP regularly -- portrait view is nice to have in tandem with the portrait-mode open applications view.

Might be a bug, or just an unimplemented feature: when playing video, touching the TrashCan icon didn't do anything. In the stock player this opens a Delete File dialog.

i like it but my question is how i can back to old media player ?

Posts: 804 | Thanked: 1,598 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gdynia, Poland
Originally Posted by maemo55 View Post
i like it but my question is how i can back to old media player ?
If you did the change
To "replace" the stock player (if you don't want to do that, use the script below).
Place the binary in /usr/local/bin/
Code:
nano /usr/share/dbus-1/services/com.nokia.mediaplayer.service
Change /usr/bin/mediaplayer to /usr/local/bin/mediaplayer, note that this will cause mime_open to stop working until implemented.
Than to revert you should open console and type (I don't like nano... Please install leafpad from application manager before typing it into console if you don't have it in your system) :
1. gain root
Code:
sudo gainroot
2. edit file (this is one command)
Code:
leafpad /usr/share/dbus-1/services/com.nokia.mediaplayer.service
and make sure the third (last) line looks like this:
Exec=/usr/bin/mediaplayer
If you also want to have both Media Player and Open Media Player installed in the system (but use MP as main media player and have OMP just as additional option in applications menu), type this commands in this order into terminal:
1. You have to have wget installed, so:
Code:
apt-get install wget
2. You need to download file from MohammadAG (this text below is one command, someone should seriously do something with CODE box formatting on this site!:P)
Code:
wget http://mohammadag.xceleo.org/public/maemo/install_mediaplayer.sh
3. Make it executable
Code:
chmod +x install_mediaplayer.sh
4. Run it to do everything for you - don't thank me, thank MohammadAG
Code:
./install_mediaplayer.sh --desktop-file
And that's it, now you should see Open Media Player icon in apps menu, but also Media Player icon and files should be opened in Media Player by default (you may need to reboot your phone afterwards, I don't know, because I'm not using either MP or OMP too much). And honestly, if you couldn't figure it out yourself, you should preferably wait few more weeks untill stable releases of CSSU and OMP are released

Last edited by misiak; 2011-04-24 at 01:53. Reason: simplified it a bit more

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to misiak For This Useful Post:
i really think u should make currect entertainment view default now playing.

if u playing coverflow like interface similar to nokia n8/symbian^3 with potrait support.

Posts: 2,473 | Thanked: 12,265 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Jerusalem, PS/IL
If you really messed up somewhere, just apt-get --reinstall install mediaplayer to get the stock player back again

Originally Posted by wumpwoast View Post
Been using OMP regularly -- portrait view is nice to have in tandem with the portrait-mode open applications view.

Might be a bug, or just an unimplemented feature: when playing video, touching the TrashCan icon didn't do anything. In the stock player this opens a Delete File dialog.
Yeah, it doesn't actually do anything right now.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MohammadAG For This Useful Post:

Tags
libplayback, mag 4 prez, media, open source, player, portrait mode, re-write, remake, reverse