Notices

Posts: 1,390 | Thanked: 710 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Beirut, Lebanon
Originally Posted by Wikiwide View Post
It's 'already made' as a proprietary, pay-for theme. Hopefully, reverse engineering it would allow to have an open-source, beautiful alternative. Even though not a fan of Android, I welcome variety, and deeply thank mahdi343 for his stubbornness.
Best wishes.
Twitter: @ahmadmdaher

Originally Posted by Dave999
I will vote AMD for president next time if I'm having any shares during next meeting.

Do good for a human being and like my art page!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AMD For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
Originally Posted by Wikiwide View Post
It's 'already made' as a proprietary, pay-for theme. Hopefully, reverse engineering it would allow to have an open-source, beautiful alternative. Even though not a fan of Android, I welcome variety, and deeply thank mahdi343 for his stubbornness.
Best wishes.
You can't "open source" the theme actually; i mean the developer is asking a small sum of $1.66 for giving you the files to use. Themes on the n9 and I'm sure n900 too are just a collection of folders containing modified stock theme files...

Once you buy it from the developer you have the files and can do to them whatever you wish to modify/change them...What is there to open-source in them?

I would consider the small sum in fact lesser than what could be considered as a donation to a developer who posts his theme here as free for all...

The effort required in creating modified .css files for the n9 is real huge so i would suggest to the OP to pay that amount instead of trying to reverse-engineer it; its the least the original developer deserves for his work...

The Following User Says Thank You to thedead1440 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,994 | Thanked: 3,342 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ N900: Battery low. N950: torx 4 re-used once and fine; SIM port torn apart
Originally Posted by thedead1440 View Post
You can't "open source" the theme actually; i mean the developer is asking a small sum of $1.66 for giving you the files to use. Themes on the n9 and I'm sure n900 too are just a collection of folders containing modified stock theme files...

Once you buy it from the developer you have the files and can do to them whatever you wish to modify/change them...What is there to open-source in them?
The developers specifically forbid open access to the theme files. If their server falls down, you - according to their rules - will not be able to get these files from any source. Breaking the rules, you can find somebody already using the theme and ask him to share the files.
In contrast, if a theme is open-source, it can freely be shared and redistributed, even if the original server dies, and the original developers disappear.
Originally Posted by thedead1440 View Post
I would consider the small sum in fact lesser than what could be considered as a donation to a developer who posts his theme here as free for all...
The effort required in creating modified .css files for the n9 is real huge so i would suggest to the OP to pay that amount instead of trying to reverse-engineer it; its the least the original developer deserves for his work...
I would rather donate to those who do not put restrictions on redistribution or modification of their code, thank you.
Best wishes.

Last edited by Wikiwide; 2012-12-08 at 22:37.

The Following User Says Thank You to Wikiwide For This Useful Post:
Posts: 18 | Thanked: 96 times | Joined on Oct 2012 @ tabriz
hello
download my theme: (please download with idm )
http://mahdi343.persiangig.com/android_4.1.deb
but my theme havent style files
(mahdi343 = M A H D)

Last edited by mahdi343; 2012-12-21 at 16:45.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to mahdi343 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by mahdi343 View Post
hello
download my theme: (please download with idm )
http://mahdi343.persiangig.com/android_4.1.deb
but my theme havent style files
(mahdi343 = M A H D)
Uhm, file not found? Please reupload.. I would like to test it..
Edit: Nevermind..

I will vote AMD for president next time if I'm having any shares during next meeting.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AMD For This Useful Post:
Posts: 18 | Thanked: 96 times | Joined on Oct 2012 @ tabriz
Try to download again.
Theme beauty

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mahdi343 For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
Originally Posted by mahdi343 View Post
Try to download again.
Theme beauty
Although I'm not a fan of android I would just like to say EXCELLENT WORK!

I know the work it goes into creating a theme and to have put in so much effort to create what you have done so far is really commendable!

Thank you and keep it up!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to thedead1440 For This Useful Post:
WOW! This is really cool! REALLY deserves something! Awesome work dude! I especially liked the clock, dialer, back button and how you replaced NOKIA with ANDROID!! Thank you a lot!

Posts: 226 | Thanked: 67 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Lebanon
anyone Have the theme settings app to try the android theme because its not on the store

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rabah_vip For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Rabah_vip View Post
anyone Have the theme settings app to try the android theme because its not on the store
http://bit.ly/12uojr4

Tags
help please., nokia n9