Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 2,535 | Thanked: 6,681 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ UK
Originally Posted by kalx2e View Post
And I thought Nokia was interested in taking that action, but I guess missing clear opportunities is one of Nokia's new strategies...
I'm fairly certain that Nokia would love to have an official Spotify client on Maemo. However, there are three parties involved:
  1. Nokia presenting a tempting enough market to Spotify
  2. Spotify having the skills, resource and inclination to do it (including potential piracy/stream-ripping concerns on an open platform)
  3. Networks, who seem to struggle with the N900's openness, not being further troubled by high-profile bandwidth eating apps.

Its supposed to be on extras-devel now, pity that repository doesnt work! (despotify)

Posts: 158 | Thanked: 29 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
i did see that in devel repo's yesterday, but didin't try out. have somebody tested it? is it as unstable as ppl say?

Posts: 219 | Thanked: 94 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Helsinki, Finland
For me the app crashes each time I try to log in. Any way to check log files or some other debugging methods?

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
yes its unstable. if you create your playlist on the computer and the using it. it works great, just don't let the last track finish CRASH. just don't search for another track while playing CRASH, just don't do other stuff while playing...

heard it will be a new version out soon, hope some things are improved.

as long as i can use my playlists in the background without any problems, I'll use it daily.

Posts: 290 | Thanked: 472 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Gothenburg, Sweden
Qtify should be in the extra-devels optified and ready soon (or might be there already).. stills som bugs but starting to get useable..
http://www.maemosweden.com/alla-blog...fy-i-vara-n900

There is a video.. sorry for the swedish but its watchable for you guys too..

Last edited by claesbas; 2010-01-06 at 08:18.

Posts: 1,283 | Thanked: 370 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ South Florida
Originally Posted by kalx2e View Post
So, now the Androids are getting Spotify 'out of the box', running natively. This is done to conquer the US market for Spotify.

And I thought Nokia was interested in taking that action, but I guess missing clear opportunities is one of Nokia's new strategies...
Will they have the free ver. or will they have to do the premium ver. as well?

Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
Originally Posted by les_garten View Post
Will they have the free ver. or will they have to do the premium ver. as well?
Premium members only....

Posts: 251 | Thanked: 75 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Finland, Vaasa
Doesnt work for me. Says that i have wrong username or password

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by mele View Post
Doesnt work for me. Says that i have wrong username or password
you need be premium user and you need internet connection. but im sure u know that. using it right now.