Notices

Posts: 844 | Thanked: 521 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ UK southampton
Anyone know if there is a similar app for Symbian? My evil little brain is thinking thoughts of installing it on a symbian phone and getting notifications on the N900 when that person receives a txt/call and who from... bit of backwards modding needed but great for certain underhand tactics.

Originally Posted by scottuss View Post
The latest version can lookup the contact from your phone book, however we don't currently have the functionality to get the contact image. It may be something for the future, but for now, it isn't planned.

I'm glad you're enjoying it!
quick progress

Could you add use some simple version info for the files and filenames on sourceforge so we know whether you have updated them, thanks.

Originally Posted by Cas07 View Post
quick progress

Could you add use some simple version info for the files and filenames on sourceforge so we know whether you have updated them, thanks.
Consider it done, the next update will be 0.3 and we will progress from there

Originally Posted by casper27 View Post
Anyone know if there is a similar app for Symbian? My evil little brain is thinking thoughts of installing it on a symbian phone and getting notifications on the N900 when that person receives a txt/call and who from... bit of backwards modding needed but great for certain underhand tactics.
Python is available for S60 and so this wouldn't be too difficult to achieve. The only real modification that would be needed is to the server, instead of altering the user with the notification bubble, it would use a S60 widget of some kind.

Of course, I have to say that you should only do what you suggest with your own phones!

The Following User Says Thank You to scottuss For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Reffyyyy View Post
I've been using it all day. It works perfectly for me. Have only tested texts though.

I guess it would be nice to make an attractive icon to go next to the message. (I would ask for the contact's image but that would be far too much effort)
It's doable, I can help with this too...but it's my first time with python so I need a little bit more time than normally

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to b0unc3 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by b0unc3 View Post
It's doable, I can help with this too...but it's my first time with python so I need a little bit more time than normally
Thanks b0unc3, your work on the phonebook stuff has been great, so I have every faith that you'll be able to figure this out

@scottuss

I saw that feature shortly after posting the comment. Absolutely no problems with it.

@b0unc3

Thanks a lot. I would assist but it's also my first time with Python and college work has really caught up to me.

I'd like to announce version 0.3 which now adds Mac OS X support with notifications being provided by Growl.

Users need the growlnotify package, available from "Extras" inside the Growl installer DMG.

If anyone has any problems, please feel free to let me know.

Also: Although I don't use it myself, and would like to avoid having to do so Windows support is coming VERY soon!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to scottuss For This Useful Post:
Posts: 173 | Thanked: 72 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Denmark
I am pretty sure this could work out nicely with Conky!
Good job

The Following User Says Thank You to Marcus For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
I am pretty sure this could work out nicely with Conky!
Good job
I hadn't thought of that, but yeah it would be a nice touch actually!