I've just sent an e-mail to the scummvm package maintainer (fanoush).

Hopefully we will know if the future fixed version can be propagated to extras.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to momcilo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,811 | Thanked: 1,151 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ East Lansing, MI
^ Such joy.

Thank you.

The Following User Says Thank You to Addison For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,152 | Thanked: 1,490 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Czech Republic
Originally Posted by momcilo View Post
I had to disable kyra engine due to the buggy CS compiler.
Hi, there was always some compiler bug triggered by kyra engine, not sure if this is the same one? There is a workaround in older scummvm makefiles, maybe things moved a bit so it no longer works as is or you forget to merge it into new version?

The workaround was to recompile one specific source with -O3 instead normal -Os (which produces smaller -> faster code)

As for scummvm for maemo, there is another person upstream taking care of scummvm now, see https://github.com/scummvm/scummvm/pull/78

If you really need to PM me with troubleshooting question please consider posting it to the forum instead. It is OK to PM me a link to such post then. Thank you.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to fanoush For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by fanoush View Post
Hi, there was always some compiler bug triggered by kyra engine, not sure if this is the same one? There is a workaround in older scummvm makefiles, maybe things moved a bit so it no longer works as is or you forget to merge it into new version?

The workaround was to recompile one specific source with -O3 instead normal -Os (which produces smaller -> faster code)

As for scummvm for maemo, there is another person upstream taking care of scummvm now, see https://github.com/scummvm/scummvm/pull/78
Thank you fanoush!

The Following User Says Thank You to momcilo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,950 | Thanked: 1,174 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Seattle, USA
Originally Posted by lsolano View Post
I have a n810, however, every time I try to resurrect it, I find it too slow. Most pages takes to long to load. I used it only when I want to read sites like wikipedia, and I use the mobile site. And here is where the n810 shines for me: the perfect screen size.

I've always thought that It was my n810 that was slow, because everybody here talk great things about it. I flashed it, cssu, etc, but it is still slow.

I'm still interested, I love gadgets, however, I do not know what to do with it :-/

After owning a n810 and a n900, I think my next phone could be the Samsung Galaxy Note: a big nice screen (like the n810) but also a powerful phone (like the n900)
Are you using the microb browser? It is slow. But tear and Opera aren't. (Although they get slow and need to be closed and re-started to get up to speed again.)

[tapped out, of course, on my N800 ]

Posts: 4,783 | Thanked: 1,253 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ norway
Tear has a problem with never clearing out its ram cache or something, so sooner or later it will basically crash from trying to request more memory and be denied so by the kernel. Opera i can't say i have noticed any specific long term usage, tho some javascript or CSS heavy sites can bring it to its proverbial knees (mobile view helps there, as it strips out most of the scripting and CSS).

Originally Posted by tso View Post
Tear has a problem with never clearing out its ram cache or something, so sooner or later it will basically crash from trying to request more memory and be denied so by the kernel.
Was that due to the webkit or the tear itself? That webkit is pretty old you know.

Posts: 4,783 | Thanked: 1,253 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ norway
Originally Posted by momcilo View Post
Was that due to the webkit or the tear itself? That webkit is pretty old you know.
webkit. And it is not only old but hacked to bits to avoid needing a unicode lib that was around 10x the size of webkit itself.

The Following User Says Thank You to tso For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by tso View Post
webkit. And it is not only old but hacked to bits to avoid needing a unicode lib that was around 10x the size of webkit itself.
10 x the size of RAM or storage? ( I am trying to catch up)

Posts: 99 | Thanked: 65 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Finland
I'm still using my N810 on daily basis as a calendar (GPE calendar), notepad (Notes), SSH terminal and web browser (MIcroB and Opera). Ankimaemi is as good flash card application as ever, Media player can easily play three hours of video if I go travelling by train, and built-in SIP client allows me to attend conference calls (using company SIP-to-POTS gateway) from nearly anywhere I go. Finally, I have succesfully used my N810 and its internal GPSr to find over thousand geocaches - though for the part few months I have been using an external BT-GPS dongle to allow extended trips with just the two batteries I have.

However, I do have to admit that lately the capacity of my two batteries have greatly decreased. I used to get battery life of four to five days; now I hardly get three days. On the second day the battery level usually drops from "one bar from full" to "charge me now or else". I suppose it's the time to get a cheap replacement battery from China.

I've been thinking of replacing N810 with something else but so far the alternatives have not convinced me. N900 would be the next best thing, but switching to something that's not supported sounds like a bad idea.

Tags
maemo4, nokia n800, nokia n810