Active Topics

Posts: 22 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Oct 2012 @ New Orleans, Louisiana
Originally Posted by thedead1440 View Post
assuming you installed flasher into c:\program files\nokia\flasher\

Type into cmd the following:

Code:
cd C:\Program Files\Nokia\Flasher\
Ok. I understand. So where can I get the flasher download so that I proceed with using for the phone?

Hi Gerald welcome aboard!

Remember thedead1440's username, he is one our good souls

You might want to start a new topic thread for your questions though, before they start getting too technical and derail this thread All of the software and how-tos can be found here as well http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=82693

And congrats on landing yourself a free n9, lets hope we can help get it working

Last edited by MINKIN2; 2012-10-02 at 18:30.

The Following User Says Thank You to MINKIN2 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 22 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Oct 2012 @ New Orleans, Louisiana
Originally Posted by MINKIN2 View Post
Hi Gerald welcome aboard!

Remember thedead1440's username, he is one our good souls

You might want to start a new topic thread for your questions though, before they start getting too technical and derail this thread All of the software and how-tos can be found here as well http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=82693

And congrats on landing yourself a free n9, lets hope we can help get it working
Ok, I did. I started my thread in the n9 section

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GeraldLieteau For This Useful Post:
hello ni hao

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to uhnhonj For This Useful Post:
Just wanted to say a quick hello! I'm usually something of a lurker in forums but I'm promising myself now that I've signed up I'm going to make a real effort with Maemo and hopefully become a strong part of the community!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MarshaDixon For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Nov 2012 @ Malaysia
Hello from Malaysia here.
Glad I finally registered, already got n900. Can't wait to get my hands on that N9.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to stdcent For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Nov 2012 @ Australia
Hey all.

Firstly sorry for lurking all this time but not actively posting. The problem is that the community here is so active that I've never had to ask anything - somebody has already asked anything I could want to know and I just need to use the forum search! Anyway, I've had my N900 for ages, so it's about time I posted something.

I first started off using easy-debian with a custom partition setup, and was able to run some basic PyGame apps I had written on it effortlessly - with sound and everything.

Currently though, I've got overclocking working with a new kernel, hacked sudo to make it work better, got SSH with xauth so I can run graphical apps on the phone from my desktop, can connect to home via qtnx to check on my transmission downloads, got my entire audio collection ripped to ogg vorbis on there, customised the heck out of the theme and removed the Nokia video to improve performance and boot speed, running Catorise PLUS for faster menus, got u-boot with a triple boot setup (currently installing Debian Wheezy armhf via debootstrap onto an SDHC partition as I write this), got tethering via bluetooth and USB working great, etc. So awesome!

Ultimately, I'd love to one day have Debian GNU/Linux Jessie working 100% with free software and no hacks. Who knows, maybe we'll get there.

Can I just add... N900 rocks!!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to boltronics For This Useful Post:
Hello!

I've just signed on, and posted my question, and then realized that I've not said hello! Please forgive me.

Started out with Nokia communicators (Symbian) and when replacement seemed to run dry (Elop! seriously?!) I found the N9.

I have been dabbling with Linux via Ubuntu for the past few years. Technically only enough to install my old laptops and desktops (and friends and family's laptops and destops) to dual boot Linux and either window or mac.

with Maemo I've only ever looked from the outside in, and got a taste with the N800 device which I didn't get to keep. I hope to learn a lot from reading the forum here.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to HLing For This Useful Post:
Welcome here, friend.

The Following User Says Thank You to speed For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Nov 2012 @ Chicago
Wanted to drop in and say hello, just got my N9 the other day. It's an excellent phone. It'll be tough going the next couple days without it, as I had to send it back because the power button was really loose. It's exciting for me to have another Nokia, though. I haven't had one since the 3220, way back when.

The Following User Says Thank You to paul-c For This Useful Post:

Tags
bada boom, bada rox, hotelcalifornia, new users, newbie, newmo!, w2tmo, welcome to maemo.org