Notices

Hi,

I have a bit strage problem with my N900..

Before installation of VLC Player : Everything was good related to media files. I could play video on N900 recorded by its camera..no issues at all. Also I had installed extra decoder support installed which helped me playing most of the videos with media player (except .mov format)

After installation of VLC Player :
As I need to play .mov videos, I have installed VLC player. After that I can not play videos recorded by own camera on Default media player.
It says "Unable to Play media, video codec not supported".

Also obeserved that if I get above message, I can not play any video with media player...the only solution is to reboot the device...For this reboot I have to first "Switch off" the device, then I have to take out battery and put it back..then only I can start my N900...else power button does not respond. (Power button responds only after taking out battery and put it back..I am not sure if this problem is related to installation of VLC player...I do not think so..)

After rebooting, I can play avi, mp4 .flv videos on media player...but if I again try to play recorded videos then "codec not supported" message appears...then media player stops playing all kinds of videos..

Any solution for this? I have not tried playing "own recorded" videos with VLC...those may work..but I have to navigate to the videos in file system and then open video ...which is little annoying with VLC.

Posts: 601 | Thanked: 549 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Redditch, UK
Is your device overclocked? It could be the result of running on a lower voltage profile than your particular chip can run. Mine did the same, changing the profile from "Starving" to "LV" did the trick and now it plays everything again.

Originally Posted by Switch_ View Post
Is your device overclocked? It could be the result of running on a lower voltage profile than your particular chip can run. Mine did the same, changing the profile from "Starving" to "LV" did the trick and now it plays everything again.
My device is not overclocked..!!!

Originally Posted by Reffyyyy View Post
https://test.maemo.org/testzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=7211

Could be related to this,
This bug is closed..but where is solution..?

I run on PR 1.3 and later on upgraded to latest CSSU upgrade.

Anyone has solution for this problem?

Else let me know how to play .mov files in default media player...I can uninstall VLC....!!! I guess this problem is because of VLC player...!!

Try:

Code:
sudo /usr/libexec/dsp-recover

The Following User Says Thank You to daperl For This Useful Post:

It is asking for password...

Then I enabled root by "sudo gainroot" and typed "/usr/libexec/dsp-recover
" it is now saying FATAL :Module bridgedriver is in use

Originally Posted by daperl View Post
Try:

Code:
Although giving error..after running this command, I could run all videos on default media player..!!!

Thanks daperl...!!!

Originally Posted by daperl View Post
Try:

Code:
asking for password