Posts: 754 | Thanked: 630 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ London
Ive noticed unlike most phone OS's Im not able to get an option to sms or email or IM a contact from my call history. This is something Ive missed a few times since ive had the N900.
I can do this only by going to the Contacts application.

I know there could be arguments that this is the phone application but I would still consider the above as part of the integration.

not sure if I need to raise a bug for this or is this some feature request.
Either way, should this go to bugzilla ?

anybody have any comments related to this ?

Last edited by krk969; 2009-12-18 at 17:10.

The Following User Says Thank You to krk969 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 115 | Thanked: 64 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Munich or Luxembourg
push and hold the entry in the call history, then you get some more options

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Scharel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,338 | Thanked: 1,055 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ California, USA / Jordan
Originally Posted by Scharel View Post
push and hold the entry in the call history, then you get some more options
Tap and hold the contact you want to SMS/E-mail then choose the "Open contact card" option and VOILA! You get what you've asked for..

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bandora For This Useful Post:
Posts: 754 | Thanked: 630 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ London
Originally Posted by bandora View Post
Tap and hold the contact you want to SMS/E-mail then choose the "Open contact card" option and VOILA! You get what you've asked for..
guys thanks for the comments.

My point was i wanted to just click the contact and get the options no matter what application I was in.

even in the call history if i just click, i should get these options and not have to open the contacts ( simply because its an extra push and click :-) )

treat this as more gui usability thing. maybe its just me who feels it should be this way, and its not a major issue for the other users.

Posts: 226 | Thanked: 63 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Maldives
I don't mind having the Contact Card like that, but I think its more intuitive to just display all possible communication options or at least SMS similar to Call via a single tap. Less is more in this case