Posts: 376 | Thanked: 257 times | Joined on Dec 2012 @ Sweden
Android is **** in my opinion....

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to setter For This Useful Post:
with the prices getting so low I would get it, if not for only being able to use meego since its never going to be around again

The Following User Says Thank You to waldo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 116 | Thanked: 75 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ Birmingham, UK
I did this back in the summertime. I went from N8 to N9.

I miss my camera button, and i really, REALLY miss the Xenon flash.

N9 does good macro shots though. Really good.

Otherwise, it is such a smooth experience to use the N9 that i wont go for the 808 despite its amazing camera, because Belle sucks so much compared to Meego.

It is a deep pleasure to use the n9. No doubt about it.

If you want android, NITdroid the N9 - i'm just a housewife with a bit of linux knowledge and I nitdroided my phone very easily.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to leoniedelt For This Useful Post:
It is not a WP.
Ui is ALOT easier to use than android.

But there are many other problems. :/

LINKer - transform your N9's home view in a Desktop, give it the freedom it deserves! -> LINKer for Harmattan

QuickBar - Can't find the app you used yesterday in your overcrowded Home Screen? Want access to the QuickLaunch bar even in the home screen? QuickBar for Harmattan

If you like our work, and would like to support via PayPal : users.giulietta@gmail.com

The Following User Says Thank You to tortoisedoc For This Useful Post:
if you are not crazy abt games or useless applications N9 is the best choice. the event feed integration is cool....excellent UI.....easy swipe....mass storage....tv out....maps...nokia drive....great community support and because of that almost all useful applications are available....

Nokia 3310 -> Nokia 6030 -> Nokia N95 -> Nokia X6 -> Nokia N900 -> Nokia N9 -> Nokia Lumia 1520

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to praveenchand For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by praveenchand View Post
if you are not crazy abt games or useless applications N9 is the best choice. the event feed integration is cool....excellent UI.....easy swipe....mass storage....tv out....maps...nokia drive....great community support and because of that almost all useful applications are available....
On the games side, emumaster really takes this, I don't know any mobile games that can stand up to the great playstation and before games. I'm currently playing FF7 on my phone and that works for me

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to waldo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 198 | Thanked: 130 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ Pakistan
My Craving for 'The N9' was more out of curiosity than need. Because I had used android before. I found out that killing this platform was a sin.

I further found out that living with much lesser apps than Android/Apple had been much more possible than previously thought. But basic apps and some advanced apps are fulfilling and serve the purpose.

I got it for $280 from someone who was all caring about showing off shiny apps and so didn't need this phone. It well worth the investment.

To sum it up: It completes your smartphone requirement. Simpler. Shows you what this platform could have done had it been given a chance, Hence you are inclined towards Sailfish/BB10/Ubuntu. THE BEST COMMUNITY.

Last edited by khan.orak; 2013-01-24 at 22:26.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to khan.orak For This Useful Post:
Or you can get an N900 for about 1/3 of the price. Proper keyboard, many more apps, fewer bugs, just not as fast and clunkier UI.

The Following User Says Thank You to _David_ For This Useful Post:
How stable/buggy is the N9 after PR 1.3? I've also read a few people talking about their phones working much better after upgrading to Qt 5.0 beta. Your thoughts?

The Following User Says Thank You to deathbyguitar For This Useful Post:
Posts: 230 | Thanked: 302 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Helsinki, Suomi (Finland)
There are minor bugs, but AFAIK nothing severe that would affect the OS stability. Only time I've managed to make the system crash was while overclocking the phone.

N9 doesn't need rebooting unless you're doing some major hacks or upgrading the OS/kernel. I see no reason why one couldn't get year+ continuos uptime if one is careful enough not to let battery run dry and knows how kill/restart processes if necessary. (i've encountered one networking related bug that required this)

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ladoga For This Useful Post:

Tags
nokian9nitroid