Reason I ask is because I'm still on PR1.1 and everything seems to be functioning fine(unlike my previous two N9's which had faults and had to be returned).

Have read quite a few comments of people finding bugs in PR1.2, and also excessive battery drain when compared to PR1.1(although to be fair this is balanced by others saying they're getting better since the update, and perhaps a reboot was all that was required).

So, simple question, does anyone regret updating to PR1.2 that can advise me any reason why I should hold off?

Consider me cautious but I've had phones that I've regretted updating in the past?

Posts: 119 | Thanked: 57 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Rotterdam, port to Europe !
No, I have no problems with PR 1.2 and Inception etc....

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Yep. Battery life, a couple of other issues with the address book slowly showing up who calls/who has called and a couple of other smaller issues... PR1.2 introduced more problems and a slight bit of lag than fixing things.

Inception has yet to be able to fix anything I require - see above - but it does open doors to killing the lag via overclocking perhaps.

Posts: 896 | Thanked: 978 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Greece, Athens
The vast majority of N9 users (me included) will tell you to update.
and that's what you have to do.

i don't need to explain why updates exist to be used.

Posts: 400 | Thanked: 708 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Geneva - CH
Not a single regret: PR 1.2 is as smooth as PR 1.1 and off course, there are some additional features. Battery life is the same.

No. Smoother than 1.1 and battery life is a bit better... I think those battery drain caused by some installed tweaks which don't work with 1.2. - don't have any of those...

"Gods have mercy. Cats don't..." <- Kaotik@iotech

ok, thanks guys, think I'm going to update now.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Tetlee For This Useful Post:
Posts: 307 | Thanked: 488 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ USA around Chicago
I think PR1.2 is wonderful. It took care of most of the issues I had with my N9. I finally can forget about the bugs and use it as my primary phone/email/sms/gtalk/skype/facebook, etc device. I am happy I have gtalk video calls, to show off, but I don't care about video calls much on my phone.

PR1.2 made me a happy. It is not bad at all as some members keep on posting in every thread.

As with any other software, obviously there are bugs that can be fixed and features that can improve the experience.

Only thing missing for me is a good VPN client.

The Following User Says Thank You to abyzthomas For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by Tetlee View Post
ok, thanks guys, think I'm going to update now.
You damn right you will! We don't want people running around here at TMO with old software

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Last edited by Dave999; 2012-03-12 at 21:12.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
I'm very pleased with the PR1.2 update. I don't suffer from any issues that others say they are having. Just make sure you uninstall those apps which mod the OS like homescreen background settings, calendar feed, dynamic calendar icon, N9tweaks or lpsmagic before upgrading.

The ability to create folders is invaluable in making the app menu more practical to use. This alone is already worth the upgrade.

Last edited by SamGan; 2012-03-13 at 03:21.

The Following User Says Thank You to SamGan For This Useful Post: