Originally Posted by Manatus View Post
Sorry, but have you checked your btrfs volume hasn't run out of unallocated space?

I've been slowly studying the workings of btrfs filesystem here:
https://together.jolla.com/question/...ious-problems/

Some of the symptoms align with mine before finding out that there is more to btrfs than meets the eye.

In short 'btrfs fi show' command will tell you if you have any raw space left. If not, it may be the cause of the problems. Running balance operation resolves this (if you are still able to do it).

It is not enough just to do factory reset and update again. The initial problem persists through factory resets, as it is just a btrfs snapshot and not a disk image.
Thanks, but not at this time. Had problems previously with snapshots not being removed after factory reset, but now have 4Gb left on the phone which is more or less accurate (actually less, as android uninstalls do not seem to release space properly, trying out if Asphalt 8 works on Jolla cost me 1Gb of space, for the curious works, though not multiplayer, neither online, nor wlan, edit: actually, the file were just left, just regained 1.7gb, yay!)

Last edited by szopin; 2014-03-20 at 17:20.

Originally Posted by szopin View Post
Thanks, but not at this time. Had problems previously with snapshots not being removed after factory reset, but now have 4Gb left on the phone which is more or less accurate (actually less, as android uninstalls do not seem to release space properly, trying out if Asphalt 8 works on Jolla cost me 1Gb of space, for the curious works, though not multiplayer, neither online, nor wlan)
Ok, thanks for checking.

Originally Posted by sada11 View Post
..no one have this problem ??

http://imageshack.com/a/img19/9051/m912.jpg
Looks unencoded base64. If the email shows ok with other email clients it is most likely a problem with Jolla email client, and you should make a case of it at together.jolla.com.

If other email clients show it the same way, then it was probably double-encoded in the sender end.

The Following User Says Thank You to Manatus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 196 | Thanked: 169 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Bosnia /Sarajevo
Looks unencoded base64. If the email shows ok with other email clients it is most likely a problem with Jolla email client, and you should make a case of it at together.jolla.com.

If other email clients show it the same way, then it was probably double-encoded in the sender end.
others client works good, I installed yahoo android app, and works good (my both acount, ovi and yahoo) I have this problem only on Jolla email client... but I not understand, am I the only one?

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
If jolla could release a 3 inch device it would be awesome too. Jolla think a clone of xperia mini...

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

The Following User Says Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by sada11 View Post
others client works good, I installed yahoo android app, and works good (my both acount, ovi and yahoo) I have this problem only on Jolla email client... but I not understand, am I the only one?
These type of problems are quite common and happen in situations where, for instance, the character set on client (regional settings) clash with the email character set, which is UTF-8 in this case.

You may try switching language in your phone to English, if it was not already, to see if it helps. In this case you should recreate this email user account on your phone, as the email client doesn't necessarily store the email in the original form it came in.

Some years ago the problems were common mainly with HTML content type emails, but lately I've seen a lot of problems with plain text emails, such as this.

Other possibility might be that the server end at your provider (nokia?) may have been "optimized" for only a handful of phone device clients. Optimizing means here that the server software provider may have had to go against email standards to get, say, Windows Phone clients to work properly. This could be possible because Windows Phone clients do not do plain text UTF-8 email messages very standards compliant. I've been troubleshooting such case myself...

Does this account use IMAP or ActiveSync?

Last edited by Manatus; 2014-03-20 at 17:24.

The Following User Says Thank You to Manatus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 115 | Thanked: 185 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Spain
Originally Posted by mced View Post
Same here. Besides this annoying behavior, battery drains too fast and doesn't show accurate data (woke this morning with 70% and, after some surfing, dropped to 4%). Two random shutdowns, something that never happened before. A "device is getting hot" warning (new too). Bad update for me.
I'm answering myself: the "battery trick" (extract, wait, put again) did it for me. No more hangs nor "autoconnects".

Guess I'm gonna do this trick every update.

Posts: 196 | Thanked: 169 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Bosnia /Sarajevo
These type of problems are quite common and happen in situations where, for instance, the character set on client (regional settings) clash with the email character set, which is UTF-8 in this case.

You may try switching language in your phone to English, if it was not already, to see if it helps. In this case you should recreate this email user account on your phone, as the email client doesn't necessarily store the email in the original form it came in.

Some years ago the problems were common mainly with HTML content type emails, but lately I've seen a lot of problems with plain text emails, such as this.

Other possibility might be that the server end at your provider (nokia?) may have been "optimized" for only a handful of phone device clients. Optimizing means here that the server software provider may have had to go against email standards to get, say, Windows Phone clients to work properly. This could be possible because Windows Phone clients do not do plain text UTF-8 email messages very standards compliant. I've been troubleshooting such case myself...

Does this account use IMAP or ActiveSync?
thx for answer.. english is my default language,but maybe problem is recipient maybe there is another language, and you have right when say "encoding" problem. Thx for that. In my sent mail text is normally, but recipient get that "error" mail.
I try with more recipient and see what will happen?
That problem not only with nokia mail (ovi) i have same situations with yahoo account ...and account use IMAP.

thank you one more time, for helping...

reason: Solved! Encoding problem, only with Blackberry mail...

Last edited by sada11; 2014-03-20 at 22:37.

Posts: 646 | Thanked: 1,124 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Espoo, Finland
Originally Posted by JiiHoo View Post
According to below news, Jolla's and their subcontractor's ordering books are already full and they can't ship more devices than what has been already ordered:

http://www.kauppalehti.fi/etusivu/jo...a/201403661142
IMHO another interesting note from the article is that in a couple of weeks they should announce a few partnerships.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to minimos For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by abyzthomas View Post
Heck, you can't even see today date, unless you open calendar app. Why can't they display that on the lock screen.
It's the first thing in the pulley menu in the lock screen

Tags
"soon", "sooner", "when?"