Notices

Posts: 1,111 | Thanked: 1,985 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Åbo, Finland
I'm pretty sure there already is some solution to hinder easy downloads of applications that require payment. It just failed or some reason.
Agro ... : [----------] Relic(s) : N95, NGage, Tamyia Wild One

Try Tweed Suit for your hardcore twittering needs
http://twitter.com/mece66
I like my coffee black, like my metal.

Posts: 247 | Thanked: 106 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Coventry, UK
Originally Posted by damion View Post
On a different note charging $3 to americans but almost double that to brits (£3) is completely evil behaviour.
Yes, i too noticed that. not really acceptable IMHO.

Why is this? as its going to happen on all pay items. cant i pretend i live in the US?

Posts: 135 | Thanked: 151 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Slovakia/Bratislava
someone figured out luac format changes in level files? I wanted to make unofficial level editor..

edit: to clarify what I figured out till now is that all AB(angrybirds) levels are compiled(bytecode) lua 5.1 scripts, that could be decompiled and edited either by hand or by WYSIWYG editor.

We might start new thread about this when me or someone else figures out how to decompile those lua files - no standard decompilers work on those unfortunately(only if you knew something better/up-to-date than luadec51)

Last edited by forcer; 2010-01-13 at 15:14.

Posts: 46 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Manchester UK
Originally Posted by mr_bridger View Post
Yes, i too noticed that. not really acceptable IMHO.

Why is this? as its going to happen on all pay items. cant i pretend i live in the US?
Think of it this way if you're a US citizen who has $5 dollars then that's $3 of your 5, so if you're a UK citizen with £5 then that's £3 of your 5. Not really any difference is there, may advice to you would be to jump on a plane fly to US buy over there with your exchanged currency. At the end of the day it's only £3 I'm sure you can afford it. All I need to know is where to get the level pack I've looked on Ovi store and don't see it.

The Following User Says Thank You to vyper1 For This Useful Post:
Ovi says the level pack has been removed.

??

Why?

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by Laughingstok View Post

??

Why?
uuuuhm, just read this thread and I am sure you'll find the answer

Originally Posted by Laughingstok View Post

??

Why?
Due to a security breach where you could have downloaded the level pack for free.

does the n900 apps support like push notifications for purchasing games following on from the free versions? like the iphone versions of such games?

Posts: 3,617 | Thanked: 2,412 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Cambridge, UK
Originally Posted by flameboy View Post
does the n900 apps support like push notifications for purchasing games following on from the free versions? like the iphone versions of such games?
Not sure (as I've no idea how iphone push notifications work). An app can certainly provide a link through to a full version (or addon), as Angry Birds does.

Originally Posted by Snaps View Post
Due to a security breach where you could have downloaded the level pack for free.
Thanks.

I don't have time to read the entire thread to find out why a $3 game level pack is no longer listed. Sorry.