hi all,

i have the opportunity to purchase this phone and i am weighing between nokia n9 white 64gb or this phone. it runs windows phone 7.5 and has a 13.3 mgpxl cam.

i really like the look of the handset(black color)

http://www.engadget.com/2011/07/26/f...st-mango-phon/

Posts: 245 | Thanked: 186 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Toronto-Canada
Oh yes, the Fujitsu Toshiba IS12T looks cool!
Seems there r no vids of this device anywhere... all removed.

How's the feel?
Is it an unibody like the N9/Lumia? Gorilla glass?

The twin Nokias having a streamlined back might be tad classier, while the IS12T's camera bulge is understood - being industry leading [up from the N8]. Which might pose a problem with Aft-Mkt cases, none seem to be there as yet.

Similar to the N9 [not launched in NA], the IS12T being unavailable anywhere except Japan would sure be a head turner.

However, the N9 being a 'Global Smartphone' [Pentaband] is a winner with many like us, who travel a lot... couldn't see the same with ur Fujitsu... is it too?

Qorax

Posts: 1,665 | Thanked: 1,649 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Praha, Czech Republic
Putting the NAME of what you talk about in the thread's summary line would be REALLY welcome. I dislike wasting time opening a thread just to see what *exactly* it is about because the thread summary is so vague. Thanks in advance.

Posts: 229 | Thanked: 77 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Los Angeles
I will not put N9 to compete with other phone or vice versa.

We all know that N9 is the first and last of Meego (except N950 which most of us can't get a hand on it), it's more like cult thing to me.

In long run, I would say any Windows phone will get you more apps, fun and support.
(Lumia 800 doesn't have a front camera which is big let down, considering many young people like to take self portrait and video call over data will get more and more popular.

The Following User Says Thank You to mcdull For This Useful Post:
I seriously don't see the point of the N9...its a developers phone that makes itself hard to develop on and more "App" oriented. But if you like it, who am I to care?

In terms of physical hardware, the Fujitsu is quite handsome/packed and matches the N9.
In terms of OS, Harmattan vs WP7.5, there's a difference and it all comes down to preference.

I think about these ecosystems in tiers these days:
Tier 1 - The best is Android, iOS, and Maemo5 (from different perspectives)
Tier 2 - WindowsPhone, BBX and N9
Tier 3 (lost and forgotten) - WebOS, Bada, Windows Mobile and Symbian.

Posts: 1,259 | Thanked: 1,341 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Germany
At the Fujitsu Windows Phone the USB Plug ist still not working properly. Several Bluetooth profiles are missing and it has no real Multitasking support.

So it is clear, the N9 wins and the most Symbian Smartphones have more features compared to the current Windows Phone Phones.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Helmuth For This Useful Post:
Asking which phone from 2 different platforms is better is pointless. It's like asking which is better, an apple or an orange? Only you can answer the question because it depends on your taste.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SamGan For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by SamGan View Post
Asking which phone from 2 different platforms is better is pointless. It's like asking which is better, an apple or an orange? Only you can answer the question because it depends on your taste.
Its definitely the orange, until it gets banned by apple

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kangal For This Useful Post: