Active Topics

I received an email last feb 10 that I will received my rebate in 2-3 weeks. I check the nokia promos and put in my imei, name, street number and zip code but got a message that "We do not have record of receiving a mail-in rebate request from you."

Nope, I haven't got an email nor mail. I should check the promo website. Mind posting the link to their promo website?

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

Posts: 455 | Thanked: 278 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Oregon, USA
I received mine in Feb (submitted 1st week in Dec.)

Nokia promo site: http://www.nokiapromos.com/default_tmp.asp

mailed my rebate by via certified mail last Jan 4.

i received mine a week ago. Took about two and half month.

They sent me a replying saying that the date of purchase was wrong. When I called to complain (this was wrong, of course) I was told that it was because I did not include a receipt. The woman who I was dealing with read off of my receipt while on the phone. I said, yeah, that's it. She said she would 're-submit' my rebate. That was 3-4 weeks ago. I smell a scam. I have read similar stories here. Nokia has seriously bruised their image in my eyes.

Originally Posted by lancewex View Post
They sent me a replying saying that the date of purchase was wrong. When I called to complain (this was wrong, of course) I was told that it was because I did not include a receipt. The woman who I was dealing with read off of my receipt while on the phone. I said, yeah, that's it. She said she would 're-submit' my rebate. That was 3-4 weeks ago. I smell a scam. I have read similar stories here. Nokia has seriously bruised their image in my eyes.

That's why I mailed my rebate via certified mail and photocopy all the papers submitted. I read about some problem with nokia rebate processing on amazon.

I'm used to submitting info electronically and then mail in the form (printed after submission) with the receipt when I purchased computer hardwares.

There's another thread on this already at http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...t=nokia+rebate in case an admin wants to merge.

I didn't get mine, got a rejection letter stating I didn't submit my UPC. Of course I did, I have a box with a hole in it to prove it. Honestly, I never expected to get the rebate 'cause these kinds of shenanigans tend to happen with these outsourced rebate fulfillment vendors. I suppose it is in their best interest to show the lowest rebate fulfillment rates to their clients, but it sure does leave a bad taste in my mouth for Nokia. They seem to be challenged around their marketing operations in general (Ovi store, the N900 launch, etc.) so I'm not surprised.

Love my N900 though!

I sent in mine and even included the receipt, even though the form did not ask for it. I received a letter stating that I had failed to activate an Ovi store account. I kept photocopies of all my documentation and my Ovi store account name is clearly visible in plain, easily distinguishable letters. I've tested the account on both my N900 and PC and it works fine. I received the rejection letter too late to "refile" it, which further pisses me off.

I think Nokia needs to come forward and be proactive about making good with the people its rebate processor has screwed up. Honest rebate fulfillment is a trivial expense when compared to the loss of customer goodwill this has caused. Similar incidents have also lead to costly class actions and large FTC fines against other technology manufacturers. It is really in Nokia's interest to clear up this Snafu before it gets more widely reported.

Speaking of which, does anyone want to contact Engadget, GDGT and some of the mobile focused sites to see if they are interested in doing a story? Maybe hold Nokia's feet to the flames a bit?

received mine last week