Posts: 752 | Thanked: 284 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Malaysia
Hi! I'm interested to get a tablet and comparing between both devices. I know most of you will say it's not direct (apple to apple) comparison, and also purpose or use of the device.

Simply, I wanted to get an all rounder tablet. I've summarized some good points I've found for these devices;

Nexus 7: price (32Gb), GPS, Google Now, size, great specs (unfortunately, unable to connect with my N900 Joikuspot)
ipad mini: price (16Gb), beautiful, connects to my N900, back camera (unfortunately spec not attractive)

Anyone found a way to connect Nexus 7 (or PS Vita) with Joikuspot?

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
I say nexus seven. But I wouldn't buy anyone of them ATM but instead going for one with better screen. The screens are really bad on both of them compared with real high def screens.

Another thing is what ecosystem you have used before/planning to use.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Last edited by Dave999; 2013-03-25 at 13:56.

ecosystem?

I'm only using Windows and my trusty N900.

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
Tethering from an ad-hoc connection to Nexus 7:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=29847320
http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...2&postcount=18

The Nex7 is better due to USB-OTG and ability to put even MeR on it now

However, like Dave said maybe wait it out for some while for something that is an evolution of the Nex7...

Originally Posted by thedead1440 View Post
Tethering from an ad-hoc connection to Nexus 7:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=29847320
http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...2&postcount=18

The Nex7 is better due to USB-OTG and ability to put even MeR on it now

However, like Dave said maybe wait it out for some while for something that is an evolution of the Nex7...
I was looking for the thanks button...THANKS buddy

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
I have both, cannot say that I'd recommend both. I have the iPad Mini, formerly the iPad 3rd Gen with Retina Display as well as the Nexus 7.

As stated above, Android 4.2.2 doesn't really have a clear method to connect to ad-hoc but it's doable if you're willing to get your hands way dirty or you don't mind using Bluetooth. Personally, I'm unwilling and I've yet to truly root my device due to multiple reasons - laziness being the key one.

iPad will jump onto an ad-hoc network without issue.

Both are up for a refresh very soon. I'd wait it out personally.

Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Comparing an iDevice and aDevice is fairly pointless, it all depends on what are you going to do with it. I'd recommed n7 as it is better price/performance value (at least in finland, where apple devices are ridiculously priced...)

But generally:
If you intend to use it just for media consumption -> get an iPad.
If you intend to tweak/tune/mangle/misuse it -> get nexus.

Posts: 528 | Thanked: 345 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ MLB.AU
Galaxy galapad hdmi out with micro sd!
Smaller res and battery but cheaper
has tegra 3 1gig ram

Posts: 2,473 | Thanked: 12,265 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Jerusalem, PS/IL
Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
Comparing an iDevice and aDevice is fairly pointless, it all depends on what are you going to do with it. I'd recommed n7 as it is better price/performance value (at least in finland, where apple devices are ridiculously priced...)

But generally:
If you intend to use it just for media consumption -> get an iPad.
If you intend to tweak/tune/mangle/misuse it -> get nexus.
Keep in mind the iPad's stock media apps don't exactly play all codecs, and the apps that don't tie well into the system (at least that's what I found).
Games however, work better on the iPad (iOS in general, Android apps aren't optimized for each device).

Having both a Nexus 7 and a regular iPad 2, I find myself using the Nexus 7 way more, with the iPad barely being used (on the plus side, the iPad's been on for 29 days without being charged, that's as awesome as battery life gets).

Personally I'd recommend the iPad if the iPad's on your list to begin with.

Its a better quality hardware, software and support... and all-round better.
Android is only good if you know what you want, and have the means to get it. In such cases, one wouldn't ask if its better/worse than an iPad.

My $0.02

I'm flattered