Active Topics

Notices

Poll: Do you want this script in the repository?
Poll Options
Do you want this script in the repository?

Posts: 78 | Thanked: 57 times | Joined on Jun 2012 @ Hungary
Did anyone tried out this with a REAL Beats headphone? I borrowed a Detox Pro... But I don't wanna install anything ****. I use a script for 20% louder sound, this causes distortsion on the speakers, but works very well with Sony HPM-70... I have never got the original earbuds.
So what's the quality after installing?

Originally Posted by TheoX View Post
A limiter function is active inside the script file. There is no such thing as a SAFE LIMIT. That limit is set by your hearing. If you like loud, the limit is higher, otherwise, the limit should be lower. Beats audio require a high sound output, if you use low end headphones there is no need for this script. But if you have both, keep the volume down, don't crank it up to 100% and then come here and cry.

I added that warning just because I felt the need to WARN the people that, the device is already old, so the speakers resistance is not like in the first day, there's dust in there now, maybe the rubber is not that strong anymore, and they can break them if they expose them to higher output.
I was under the impression that the script had the potential to wreck the speakers of the N900.
The headphones I use at the moment are Philips SHN5500.

Posts: 6,436 | Thanked: 12,699 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Ängelholm, Sweden
i'm sorry, but where is driver?
i see only many text files inside deb.

Banned | Posts: 280 | Thanked: 295 times | Joined on Apr 2013 @ Romania
Originally Posted by stickymick View Post
I was under the impression that the script had the potential to wreck the speakers of the N900.
The headphones I use at the moment are Philips SHN5500.
They seem good, after seeing the specs...

Originally Posted by coderus View Post
i'm sorry, but where is driver?
i see only many text files inside deb.
I would like to present to you a little script I did for myself that I called Beats Audio Driver. SCRIPT > GIVEN NAME > BEATS AUDIO DRIVER.

I said it's a script, didn't you read?

Originally Posted by TheoX View Post
Yes, there's not possible relation between those two. Considering this, a reflash should solve the SIM card problem, but it's not solving it, so it's a hardware issue. This piece of software can only break your internal speaker or your headphone, that the maximum damage it can do, and I think I solved that problem .

Cheers.
thx for your replay , i don't know what happend to my sim card but i went to my service provider and changed the old sim by new one and it works good right now
i'm working now by the driver and it's really good when ur in the street and you wanna make call at a loud place
thanks for your effort man ?

Originally Posted by Mr.bot View Post
thx for your replay , i don't know what happend to my sim card but i went to my service provider and changed the old sim by new one and it works good right now
i'm working now by the driver and it's really good when ur in the street and you wanna make call at a loud place
thanks for your effort man ?
You're welcome!

Your SIM card maybe got demagnetized. It's a commont problem that most of SIM cards have. I work sometimes near large speakers (being a DJ as a hobby) and I sometimes place the phone on the large speakerbox, unintentionally, and the after a while the SIM card refuses to work and shows me weird messages on screen like: INACTIVE SIM, and stuff like that. I go to my service provider, get a new sim, and voila working like new. I keep all my contacts, calendar and stuff like that on Google. But this happend with my Sony U5, with my HTC, but... unfortunately, my N900's GSM chip is dead for good, and it's no SIM problem.

Can you explain to me what this is?

I know beats headphones, the overpriced tat endorsed by by that 90's pop star. I know they have started branding mobile phones.

Can you explain what this is in terms of what it actually does?

Is it a MAFW equaliser plugin with a certain equalisation curve?

Is it a pulse audio plugin? Is it pulse audio configuration files?

What exactly does your script do?

Posts: 1,225 | Thanked: 1,905 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Quezon City, Philippines
The Pulseaudio configuration files provided in the package are completely obscure to me, but doing a few quick tests, it configures Pulse's EQ for each output sink to be similar to those on Beats Audio devices (HTC phones).

The Beats sound is characterized by how fat the bass range sounds, which for phone speakers seems to improve the audio output (as it compensates for tiny speakers having nil bass).

However, testing the Beats Audio settings on my N900 wired up to a Schiit Magni and Grado SR125i, it's immediately obvious that if you're not a basshead/avid fan of Skrillex, you'll dislike how skewed the reproduction is.

Thanks Hurrian, that is what I wanted to see.

Tags
audio, beats, driver, music, pulseaudio