Active Topics

Posts: 857 | Thanked: 362 times | Joined on Feb 2009 @ London
Originally Posted by slartibartfass View Post
I just HAD to make this:
Too funny not to repost

Really want to know Nokia still providing support for N810 now ? or it is already discontinued support by Nokia at all for long time....

The Following User Says Thank You to cmsjkung For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,274 | Thanked: 5,358 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Looking at y'all and sighing
Originally Posted by cmsjkung View Post
Really want to know Nokia still providing support for N810 now ? or it is already discontinued support by Nokia at all for long time....
Plainly put: Nope

Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA

After the bad experience of getting support for N900 from Nokia, would you buy your next mobile from nokia as your next mobile phone ?
I didn't have bad experience of getting support. I would buy my next mobile from Nokia.

Nothing like an unbiased survey

Seem Sony Ericsson with UIQ story is happen again for Nokia with maemo.

As Sony Ericsson could not fix the problem in UIQ and no improvement at all , so the device is dead finally....

I was one of the P9XX user before, after that I did buy anymore Sony Ericsson mobile phone....

Last edited by cmsjkung; 2010-08-01 at 12:40.

Seem Sony Ericsson with UIQ story is happen again for Nokia with maemo.

As Sony Ericsson could not fix the problem in UIQ and no improvement at all , so the device is dea finally....

I was one of the P9XX user before, after that I did buy anymore Sony Ericsson mobile phone anymore....
Except that in the Maemo story, they CAN fix things, but they WONTFIX a lot of them.. or only fix them on the newest device, promising openness for everyone and, ultimately, delivering less openness. :P

I'm truly, truly hoping MeeGo doesn't repeat this history.

Yes, MeeGo should be better in all aspects, but we will need to buy another Nokia mobile phone again, and I don't think they will do that well in first release.....as everything will need to start again such as firmware and software improvement.

The problem is, Nokia is going to change everything when they release second version of MeeGo...just like the same story in Symbian

Really want to know why their OS and device road map is like this.... or they have already make too much and don't know how to spend it so continue to keep thing change without providing good support for existing device.......

Last edited by cmsjkung; 2010-08-01 at 12:50.

Yes, MeeGo should be better in all aspects, but we will need to buy another Nokia mobile phone again, and I don't think they will do that well in first release.....as everything will need to start again such as firmware and software improvement.
True enough--I forgot about that, it's STILL Nokia... and Nokia itself has ruined a LOT of my experience (customer service, parts/repair, etc.). I've said it a million times now but I had a momentary slip of the memory for a moment. Even if MeeGo turns out well, I would rather buy someone else's product running MeeGo.

The Following User Says Thank You to danramos For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by danramos View Post
True enough--I forgot about that, it's STILL Nokia... and Nokia itself has ruined a LOT of my experience (customer service, parts/repair, etc.). I've said it a million times now but I had a momentary slip of the memory for a moment. Even if MeeGo turns out well, I would rather buy someone else's product running MeeGo.
Yes, if more companies release Meego device, then it will getting better and better.... hope this will come true...

The Following User Says Thank You to cmsjkung For This Useful Post:

Tags
nokiaisrelevant, noreally!