Active Topics

Posts: 1,361 | Thanked: 115 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Toronto, Ontario, Canada
T'aint mandatory if you disabled Internet.

Originally Posted by Hedgecore View Post
T'aint mandatory if you disabled Internet.
Yep. Disabled my wireless.

well i did what you said and now is working, thanks!

Hi,

I'm having a problem here, i've followed all steps and they seem to work. only problem is that when the PS3 boots up (i'm not sure that i'm doing the power cycle right as just but holding the eject button) it just hangs there with a black screen.

i'm sure it's working as the tablet does display a usb connection icon so the script is actually running, can't understand what the problem is. anyone stumbled in this problem before?? thx in advance!!

tablet is a Nokia n810
Console is a PS3 slim with FW 3.15

Posts: 1,361 | Thanked: 115 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Toronto, Ontario, Canada
razlken:

Are you running firmware 3.41 on the PS3? That is the only version that works.

Are you getting 3 beeps? I had this issue when I would flick the power switch (from total power off, not the power touch pad) and quickly press eject. The fan would run and I'd get 3 beeps and it would shut off again.

You need to press eject FAST, within 200ms some people have said. Press them both at nearly the same time.

Let me know if you're still having the issue. (It *will* take around 10-15 seconds sometimes to boot up.)

Originally Posted by razlken View Post
Hi,

I'm having a problem here, i've followed all steps and they seem to work. only problem is that when the PS3 boots up (i'm not sure that i'm doing the power cycle right as just but holding the eject button) it just hangs there with a black screen.

i'm sure it's working as the tablet does display a usb connection icon so the script is actually running, can't understand what the problem is. anyone stumbled in this problem before?? thx in advance!!

tablet is a Nokia n810
Please explain more in detail.

Are you able to get "install package" to show up under "game"? If you don't see "install package", please power off the ps3 using the switch, plug in the tablet in, switch it back on, press Power then instantly Eject. If done properly, you wont hear two beeps. The screen will just come on in 3-5 second.

@Hedgecore

no i think I'm running 3.15 (i'll check later to be sure) so i guess I'll have to manually update to 3.41 to avoid getting to 3.42 which if I'm not mistaken stops the hack from working. I'll update later and see if that was the problem

@azz

it simply hangs before boot...it doesn't even open the XMB, it just turns on and displays a black screen, I'll check if the issue is the firmware version as Hedgecore pointed out and see if that was the issues

Thx to everyone for the fast responses!!

@Hedgecore

no i think I'm running 3.15 (i'll check later to be sure) so i guess I'll have to manually update to 3.41 to avoid getting to 3.42 which if I'm not mistaken stops the hack from working. I'll update later and see if that was the problem

@azz

it simply hangs before boot...it doesn't even open the XMB, it just turns on and displays a black screen, I'll check if the issue is the firmware version as Hedgecore pointed out and see if that was the issues

Thx to everyone for the fast responses!!
Goodluck, buddy...I didn't experience anything of that sort. So if you don't hold the eject button, will the XMB load up? Did you make sure to NOT hold the power button, only the eject button? Anyway, I wish you luck. The ps3 scene is just getting to the fun part...don't get left out..

Hi,

tablet is a Nokia n810
I have to say that I have the same problem, but it seems to be a "non-3.41" firmware issue. I tried to hack my ps3 yesterday with the same results, blank screen everytime.

I've downloaded the 3.41 firmware and I'll apply it via USB, I'll try again afterwards and I'll post my results.

Ok, I've installed FW3.41, tried the power-reset the same way than I was doing before the update and Voilá, the dashboard appeared.

I installed the Backup Manager in a sec.

It works like a charm!

Thank you guys.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to alx2k For This Useful Post: