Posts: 34 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Nov 2005 @ Germany
First things first! If the unit arrives one day it should get a screen protection. Can anyone post the exact measures of the screen in order to cut a protective film for it?
BTW, what type of surface does the screen have?
Do you have any recommendation for a good touch screen protective film?

Last edited by StevenS; 2006-05-31 at 07:46.

The only place I've seen screen protectors for the 770 is at ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...category=50332

I can test one of the best solution of screen protection but I need asap the exact dimension of the screen (Height * Width... in mm if possible).

Posts: 209 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ Fishers, Indiana
I bought some Pelican brand screen protectors for the PSP which happen to fit perfectly vertically, and with .25 inches removed horizontally work very well. They are about $9.00 (a little pricey), but are made of thicker plastic than normal so they are MUCH easier to pull off and reposition as well as avoiding/removing bubbles. Just make sure you trim off a quarter inch of width and notch a corner so you can get it back off. It's no fun trying to scrape it off without an exposed corner.

Larry

Posts: 185 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Dec 2005 @ Texas
I also used these Pelican protectors made for the PSP, got them at Wal-Mart in a two-pack...they do fit perfectly vertically, and I just got a box cutter and cut about 7mm off of one end. The thick material makes it very easy to apply without any air bubbles, plus a screen cloth is included...

Good luck!

Posts: 47 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Nov 2005 @ Virginia Beach, VA USA
For my PDAs, I've always used a product that wasn't made for very long called Glasswrites or something similar. Basically, it's a transparency sheet cut down to be slightly larger than the screen, which then slides under the frame of the screen. I'm not a big fan of screen protectors that use adhesive.

I don't have my 770 yet, so I haven't seen one in person, but I'd like to use something similar. Is there enough of a gap under the edge of the screen frame to slide something under?

Posts: 51 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ Midlands, UK
Here's what I found over the weekend: http://www.jessops.com/shop.cfm?product=JESDLCDSP

They're in stock in Jessops shops, too.

I've not actually /tried/ one yet, but I do know:

a) £3.99 for 3
b) They are only slightly too big for the 770 screen, hence they do fit (with a bit of cutting down)
c) They are obviously OK for touch screens are they're sold as being suitable for PDAs and the touchscreens on the back of more modern digital cameras
d) I think there'll be no problems when replacing a worn-out protector, as why would one get 3 to each pack otherwise? In other words, I don't think they'll weld themselves irrevocably to the screen ...

I'll update this thread when I've actually applied one ...

Jaycee

Posts: 28 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Dec 2005 @ St Petersburg, FL
Do not buy from here. They sent me the wrong size (3 1/2 x 2 1/8). I called and they asked what screen size is the Nokia 770. I said I don't know as I don't have one yet. They said they didn't know either but they sure advertise they do. They also said I could still use it anyway, what a joke!
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...category=56167

Posts: 28 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Dec 2005 @ St Petersburg, FL
Originally Posted by lbattraw
I bought some Pelican brand screen protectors for the PSP which happen to fit perfectly vertically, and with .25 inches removed horizontally work very well. They are about $9.00 (a little pricey), but are made of thicker plastic than normal so they are MUCH easier to pull off and reposition as well as avoiding/removing bubbles. Just make sure you trim off a quarter inch of width and notch a corner so you can get it back off. It's no fun trying to scrape it off without an exposed corner.

Larry
Are these Pelican protectors working OK with the touch screen function?
Thanks for any replies!

Posts: 185 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Dec 2005 @ Texas
Mine are working fine...as a matter of fact, the clarity on them is great, it's very hard to even tell they are on there...

I don't know about others, but I have always used my touchscreen devices without a stylus the majority of the time. I tend to use my fingertip and/or fingernail, so these screen protectors work perfect.

The nice thing about the Pelicans is that they are very easy to get on without any dust or lint getting stuck while applying, and they are a stiffer film so there are no air bubbles...