Active Topics

I have a lot of albums with various artists.

If I want to listen to these albums, I will go to Music>Albums
If I want to listen to a specific artist, I will go to Music>Artist

But now my artist list is very long with artist from the compilation albums.

I would like to be able to set a treshold for listing artist, so that the artist must have a minimum of (for example) 3 songs before they get listed as an artist.

Who thinks this is useful?

=EDIT=
I made a brainstorm:
http://maemo.org/community/brainstor...ists_w-1_song/
Please vote if you think this feature is useful

Last edited by chemist; 2010-01-30 at 13:42.

Posts: 28 | Thanked: 22 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Sheffield
I do, I have similar problems.

Also, it would be cool to be able to tag audiobooks so they are not incorporated into auto-shuffle.

Or use "album artist" field in tag ala WMP to put "various artists" or whoever it was compiled by. And so it only read this as preferred to artist when browsing artists...

Posts: 32 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Netherlands
I've noticed the same thing as pir, and its quite annoying =/
So I'd like to see this happen too ;D

Administrator | Posts: 1,036 | Thanked: 2,019 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Germany
Please create a brainstorm item and read through the links in my signature for further help.

Welcome to maemo.org.

Originally Posted by chemist View Post
Please create a brainstorm item and read through the links in my signature for further help.

Welcome to maemo.org.
Thx.
I created a brainstorm.

If any one reading this topic is interested:
http://maemo.org/community/brainstor...ists_w-1_song/

Please vote if interested

this is best handled at the tag level for universal compatibility with playback devices

'Various Artists - (album name)' seems to be the most commonly used tag in such cases.

if youre really into tagging you can put the actual artist in the 'comments' field

Last edited by jerryfreak; 2010-01-29 at 23:54.

What about grouping the artists in sublevels for each letter in the alphabet?
I mean, you open the artists list and all that you see is a list of the alphabet (plus a # for numbers). Then, you touch a letter and it displays the artists starting with that letter (cascade-like and in the same list). I believe it would be helpful even for those that have a great list of artists with 10+ songs each.

Posts: 52 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Melbourne, Australia
@pir the feature you're looking for is already there, I myself discovered this recently.

please look at this thread: http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...339#post510339

but basically, you need to tag your albums with the "ALBUMARTIST" tag, in order to organize them in the media player. I've fixed up my collection so I have a 'Various Artists' section when browsing by artist. the media player is certainly picky with tags. anyway it's explained at depth in that thread ^