Active Topics

Notices

Recently purchased a N900, camera was working fine the first few weeks, but now all of a sudden the camera app wont work. I tried restarting the device and it still wont work.

Every time i try to use the camera i get "Operation Failed". Everything else works fine.

additional info- i live in Canada so i am not sure how the support goes for this phone since it hasn't been released in Canada yet.

I hope to get this issue fixed quickly, because i am losing my patience for nokia.. waited for 4 months for this stupid phone, and for it break this quickly is a huge disappointment and is extremely frustrated. Not to mention a waste of $800 bucks...

Posts: 116 | Thanked: 27 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Leeds, UK
Have you tried a total reflash of the unit? I've not got the greatest experience with the N900, but generally when a camera feature refuses to work, a complete reflash/software update gets it sorted.

i am trying to do that at the moment. i am hoping that it will work again after the flash. but does it void your warranty if you reflash your device?

Posts: 29 | Thanked: 14 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Finland
Corrupted memory card maybe..

Posts: 116 | Thanked: 27 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Leeds, UK
No, your warranty is fine, with phones like this its inevitable they'll be times when they need to be reflashed. See how you get on with that first. If that doesnt solve it, possibly a hardware issue. But id be fairly sure a good old reflash will do it

thanks a lot for the info Luke.

vode- im not using any external memory card.

^ using the nokia software to restore and update the n900, the camera still says "Operation Failed".

Same thing happened to me just 10 minutes after trying my phone for the first time! haha.

Got the same error as you. What i did was to plug the device into my pc and choose the mass storage setting. Then i just formatted the 32gb partition via my computer. Now be sure to backup anything u got stored in there, like the default pictures, videoes and so on.

Worked like a charm, and the camera once again worked.
What caused the issue for me was corrupted files after a failed copy from pc to device.

Regards!

The Following User Says Thank You to Kevven For This Useful Post:
^Sounds smart, but once you reformat the device how will the nokia software recognize it? Any steps?

Thanks a lot! Smart thinking!

Well the 32gb really has nothing to do with the storage that stores the N900 internal workings. That partition is called eMMC if i recall right. So formatting the 32gb drive does nothing but clean it. It pops up after a format just like before. At least it did when i tested it.

Only thing i noticed was that the icon for the device when connected to the pc was gone. It was replaced with one of those genereal removeable disc icons found in windows.

But im 99% sure that a format of the 32gb storage will solve your problem

Tags
bada 4 gays, bada rox